Dirty municipal water

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Big Boy

Re: Dirty municipal water

Post by Big Boy »

Ours comes via a ginormous tank, so the muck will settle at the bottom of the tank. However, I drove past a Soi 94 hotel yesterday when a bucket full of horrible grey water was thrown across in front of me. I parked outside that same hotel today, when bucket after bucket of grey water was being disposed of. I have no idea where this water was coming from.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Big Boy wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:01 pm Ours comes via a ginormous tank, so the muck will settle at the bottom of the tank. However, I drove past a Soi 94 hotel yesterday when a bucket full of horrible grey water was thrown across in front of me. I parked outside that same hotel today, when bucket after bucket of grey water was being disposed of. I have no idea where this water was coming from.
I have a tank too, about 2500L, and the sediments settle in the bottom, and I clean it maybe once a year. When I clean the sediments are never close to the actual suction pipe so I know I'm doing it frequently enough to avoid getting the sediments into the system itself. What I'm talking about now is actually much dirtier water than normal. Usually my water is clear and doesn't smell much, but as I mentioned in my previous post it seem like for the last couple of years around this time the water is getting brown in color and sometimes smells. I am currently not at home, but I have asked my wife to call the Amphur and ask what is going on. Probably they will answer they have no clue which is the norm I'm afraid.
YNWA
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

In that case, I don't know. We live just off 94, and I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.

Points 41; Position 18
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

I live in Smorprong and the water here, is filthy. I have to take out the faucet screens at least once a week and cleanout the sediment. The water from the tap smells of sulphur and is brown. Thailand is one of those shithole countries that Trump talked about.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: RE: Re: Dirty municipal water

Post by hhinner »

handdrummer wrote:I live in Smorprong and the water here, is filthy. I have to take out the faucet screens at least once a week and cleanout the sediment. The water from the tap smells of sulphur and is brown. Thailand is one of those shithole countries that Trump talked about.
I also live in Smorphrong, but we obviously must be on a different water main. The water does have some sediment, but it gets filtered before going into the tank. However, if we use the piped water directly it is generally very clear. We have had occasions when the water has been really filthy, after the tessaban has worked on a water main somewhere, but that isn't usual. Also, a water department employee comes around our soi every week and opens the hydrants at the ends of the mains (2 in our soi, one for each side) and lets the water run until clear.

The main problem with the water department is getting them on the phone; no one ever answers. On one occasion I had to go there (a couple of years ago) 3 times with a water sample before they did anything. The 3rd time was with a 6 litre bottle of really dirty water and they finally took the hint that I wouldn't just go away. The guys that came round the next day were really good and when they realised that our side of the soi was on a different line to the other side that's when they installed the hydrant for our side. Same day! And the shit that came out of that main during the installation was amazing (amazingly shitty).

Maybe you should get in touch with them. Of course, if you're in a gated community it may be something the estate management should handle.

handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

hhinner, yes, we're in a gated community, were renting and the management doesn't do anything about anything.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

handdrummer wrote:hhinner, yes, we're in a gated community, were renting and the management doesn't do anything about anything.
Sounds crap.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

HH water has never been really clean. No improvement expecting from this shithole city tensaban.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

hhinner wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:54 pm
handdrummer wrote:hhinner, yes, we're in a gated community, were renting and the management doesn't do anything about anything.
Sounds crap.
Today the water pump began, again, to run for 5 seconds on and 25 seconds off. Called a plumber. He checked the cistern and found that tree roots have grown into it and are dumping tannin and silt into the water, which plugs up the pump and makes a mess with the water supply. The landlady is getting a second opinion on how to remedy the situation. It seems that ultimately a new cistern will have to be installed. If not, moving becomes an option. We'll see. I'm too old for this shit.
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

Our water here in Soi 88 has been dirty/muddy for a couple of weeks. This morning at 6am on my early morning hike, I came out of my little sub Soi to find big puddles of water, with it not having rained overnight. On the corner just before the railway crossing, outside the motorbike shop, was a little man sitting on his scooter watching dirty water gushing out of a big pipe. They are obviously having a 'flush out' of all the crap sediment that has collected or the Fire Service are doing a maintenance excercise. I remember now watching it at the end of my sub Soi last year.
A few toilet flushes and a couple of wake up showers along with a load in the washing machine seems to have cleared the pipes of the brown muddy stuff we have had for the last couple of weeks or so, still wouldn't drink it though.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I live between Soi 88 and 94. A week or so ago the guy came around testing fire hydrants. I watched as he tested the hydrant outside of our house, which I assume is the same source as our domestic feed. For the first few minutes, I thought the guy had struck oil. A thick black sludgy mess flowed past my front gate. There are still tide marks at the extremes of the flow.

After a few minutes, the sludge turned to pure liquid, and eventually became clear.

This is the first time I've stood and watched the guy, but it was quite an eye opener. I'd never noticed a high tide line before.

Points 41; Position 18
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

That'll be what was happening at my end this morning. I hadn't related those pipes to being fire hydrants.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Big Boy wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:01 pm Ours comes via a ginormous tank, so the muck will settle at the bottom of the tank. However, I drove past a Soi 94 hotel yesterday when a bucket full of horrible grey water was thrown across in front of me. I parked outside that same hotel today, when bucket after bucket of grey water was being disposed of. I have no idea where this water was coming from.
From a BIG water filter. My landlord throws such buckets of grey water onto Soi 94.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

You don't by any chance live just before the old Saxophone Lounge, do you? I've seen a guy doing just that while I've waited for a friend in the hotel next door.

Points 41; Position 18
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

If by 'hotel' you mean The Rise, then yes.