Electric charge getting high from Government?

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
buksida

Re: Electric charge getting high from Government?

Post by buksida »

Ok, not just me then, ours jumped from a monthly average of about 1,600 to 3,150 so it looks like the govt have doubled the unit price of power overnight. We have used the a/c a little more this month but the number of units on the bill were not double like the price.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

If your charge has increased so dramatically, why not contact the Electricity Company and ask why, or compare your last two bills and identify where the increase is?
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
buksida

Post by buksida »

The EB don't give a hoot, this is why I asked on here to determine whether there was a fault with our bill or everyone was being charged a lot more. As you can read it is the latter.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

You really need to keep track of the number of units used. Take a photo of the meter with the date stamp on it at the start of a cycle, or beginning of the month. Then again when the next bill comes in.

The PEA do not show a break down of charges on the bill, but the following is how it is shown on a MEA bill. I do not know if both authorities charge the same, but they should be as the price per unit uses the EGA supply charge to fix the unit price.
The below is for domestic households only at 09/05/57:

First 150 units= 2.76 Baht / unit
Next 250 units= 3.73 Baht / unit
The rest over 250= 3.93 Baht / unit
FT = 0.59 Baht / unit (fuel tax)
Fixed charge= 38.22 Baht total

To ALL of the above total is added 7% VAT

Anyone being supplied by a developer will be at the mercy of the developer!
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
buksida

Post by buksida »

It still doesn't add up, I've checked the bill and we used approx 25% more units than last month but got charged 55% extra - the only explanation being that they hike the unit price during hot season.
dozer
Ace
Ace

Post by dozer »

Last update as far as I can see is July 2013

http://www.boi.go.th/index.php?page=uti ... anguage=en
Atheists have no need of a god. Our lives are not based on fear or guilt. We are moral because we know it's right.

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity. R J Hanlon
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Just picked up my electric bill and it's pretty much the same as other months give or take 100 baht.

Curiouser and curiouser!
dozer
Ace
Ace

Post by dozer »

Utility bills are not something I usually pay much attention to, but I was curious after reading this post and the recent bills we have are close to what we had this time last year.
Atheists have no need of a god. Our lives are not based on fear or guilt. We are moral because we know it's right.

PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I just grabbed the old electric bills that I could find and see a few from earlier 2014 months with an FT (fuel surcharge) of 0.5204. Our recent bill has an FT of 0.6900. Perhaps they kicked it up due to hot season usage, or perhaps it's a true reflection of the fuel they're buying. Regardless, it may look small but that bump can add a few hundred baht to your bill depending upon usage. Our actual usage is up 100 units from last period, and a whopping 700 units from January. It has to be because of the hot weather. Pete
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Intrigued by this thread, I've just dug out my electric bills going back to Jan 56. In 2556 my average monthly units was 566, which cost an average of 2,491 Baht per month.

Last month I used 805 units at a cost of 3,697 Baht
This month I used 790 units at a cost of 3,709 Baht

So yes, a slight increase based on last month's units/cost, but nowhere near the huge price hikes we've been talking.

My consumption has definitely increased in the last 2 months.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
dozer
Ace
Ace

Post by dozer »

Soon we might all be saving on our bills............

Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC) secretary-general Kawin Thangsupanich said power cuts would occur in some southern provinces between June 13 and July 10 if the campaign to get the private sector to reduce energy consumption failed.
http://www.thaitribune.org/en/culture/8 ... -june.html

JD
Legend
Legend

Post by JD »

The electric bill for the shop is up a whopping 5,000 baht for April.

We have had them out to look because I can't see sense in it. We have two big walk in cold rooms and in April we only ran one as we start to wind down stock levels for the low season. They made us turn all electric off at the fuse-box and then checked that everything was turned off, the meter was still spinning.

The man from the electric said we had a leaky cable (never heard anything like it before), I started laughing and asked him if he could change the leaky cable for one that doesn't leak.

Anyway, they are still investigating this "leak", I will update you when I know more.
Per Angusta In Augusta.
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.facebook.com/huahinhamandbacon
www.hamandbacon.co.th
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I would also check to make sure that one of your neighbors hasn't somehow tapped into your meter. Pete
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
dozer
Ace
Ace

Post by dozer »

^
Yes, it could well be "leaking" into a neighbours consumer unit.

Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

The man from the electric said we had a leaky cable (never heard anything like it before), I started laughing and asked him if he could change the leaky cable for one that doesn't leak.
It is possible, but highly unlikely, that a cable is "leaking" to ground. A very simple test with an insulation tester called a "Megger", will show it up. The first thing that they should do when they "check" a system.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!