Shipping parcels to Thailand Surface mail.

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Shipping parcels to Thailand Surface mail.

Post by Khundon1975 »

The last time we shipped personal effects from UK to Thailand, we shipped them in a 40ft container.

We now want to ship a couple of boxes of books approx 50KGs in total to Thailand via surface mail, as we are not desperate to get them there until February 2014, when we will be there to receive them.
We are looking for a company that will pick up from our home in UK and deliver to an address in Hua Hin.

There are so many shipping companies on the net, the choices are so varied and some so complicated, my head is spinning.

Has anyone, with recent experience, in shipping via surface freight on the forum got any advice as to which companies are best?

Any advice would be welcome.

:cheers:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Shipping parcels to Thailand Surface mail.

Post by hhinner »

We used Pack & Send twice last year. Once for small shipment of household stuff from Sydney to Bangkok, for which we did Customs clearance ourselves. Second time was "Excess Baggage" around 40 Kg also SYD - BKK. The latter we had shipped direct to our house in Hua Hin. No problem with either shipment. You can check their UK website at packsend.co.uk.
tuktukmike
Guru
Guru

Post by tuktukmike »

Global express based in the uk are the best I have used, your parcel box or in my case a 35 kilo twin deck unit is picked up from wherever you want by tnt and delivered to your door.

A huge saving rather than booking tnt direct, my unit took 4 days from pick up in reading to my door in hua hin.

Ttm
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

Thanks tuktukmike and hhinner I will look at both companies and see what their surface freight charges are.

:thumb:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
Green Nomad
Professional
Professional

Post by Green Nomad »

Further to this original post, I am wanting to send a couple of boxes from my house in Spain to HH, but with airfreight, will these have the same controls so to speak at the airport, does anyone know. Will check out the companies mentioned above anyway....GN