Tap beer instalation in Hua Hin

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Gregga

Tap beer instalation in Hua Hin

Post by Gregga »

HI all! I'll be opening a small bar in the nearest future and was wondering where to get a Tap beer installation from? I think I'll get some Thai brands like Chang and Singha - where to look for that in Hua Hin I also seen few bars have European brands on tap like Hoegaarden. Where should I go to get it in Hua Hin or I have to get it from BKK only. Please advise.
Hezze
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Tap beer instalation in Hua Hin

Post by Hezze »

Small shop opposite the back entrance to Hua Hin shopping mall. Believe it is called Sa Song Road.
Wife got Singha beer there.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

When we had 'Chang draft' many years ago, our beer-supplier provided us with all the equipment AND got it all up & running for us..no problem.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Let me guess. You have never owned or run bar but think it will be fun, make lots of friends and give you a nice income..
Take a number.
Gregga

Post by Gregga »

oakdale160 wrote:Let me guess. You have never owned or run bar but think it will be fun, make lots of friends and give you a nice income..
Take a number.
Guess what.... you are wrong. I used to manage a small bistro, owned a private night club and worked in F&B industry for almost 10 years.
The thread is for asking people for some sort of advise so that is why I'm writing here and not cause I'm imagining myself to become rich and famous if I own a small bar, especially here in HH.
Gregga

Post by Gregga »

usual suspect wrote:When we had 'Chang draft' many years ago, our beer-supplier provided us with all the equipment AND got it all up & running for us..no problem.
Yes that who I'm looking for - Chang and Singha supplier - where is their main office in Hua Hin? Any idea about Hoegarden?
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

when you get a beer supplier for the bar they are the people to ask, as the agents for chang, leo, singha etc all go to every beer supplier with deals
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

If you want to go high tech, this may be worth looking at:

http://www.bangkokbusinessbrief.com/201 ... -services/
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Gregga

Post by Gregga »

Nereus wrote:If you want to go high tech, this may be worth looking at:

http://www.bangkokbusinessbrief.com/201 ... -services/
That is the coolest thing I've seen in ages! Maybe some day I'll be one of these lucky guys to own this thing.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Go for Leo and Chang as draught beers, maybe just Leo.. its the best of the bunch.
Where and when you gonna open?

Cheers,

JW
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Best in what way?
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

JW wrote:
maybe just Leo.. its the best of the bunch.
Pleng wrote:
Best in what way?
I was wondering about that myself. The taste buds differ a lot depending on the individual. I, for one, would go without a beer if Leo was the only option. For some reason, I just can't stand the taste of it. If possible have at least two taps.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

The reason I ask is perhaps JW has experience in running a bar? If so he may be talking about volume sold, or profit margin per unit sold, in which case it could be useful information. If it's just a personal preference then it's probably less useful.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Ok, for me it´s a personal preference and also comes from an experience of managing/running a bar/restaurant for about 9 years in Thailand, in between 1999-2008.