Fan repair

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Fan repair

Post by hhfarang »

I have an older Mitsubishi portable floor fan that was top of the line when purchased. It's one of the tall ones made from heavier materials and with wheels in the base. It stopped working altogether recently and it is still in "looks new" condition and a like for like replacement (if one of this quality can even be found these days) would cost 2k baht or more.

Does anyone know a place that does repair work (diagnosis, price, and then repair if desired) fans like this? If the cost of repair is less than buying a new one I would rather repair the fan than add it to the local landfill.

Thanks in advance... :cheers:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Big Boy

Re: Fan repair

Post by Big Boy »

On the corner of Soi 80, opposite the Indian. Very small place, but did a good job for us. Cheap as well.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Thanks Big Boy, directly on that corner is a place that sells petrol for motorbikes. Is that the place or is it a door or two down the railway road?
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

It is directly on that corner. As I said, a very small place. I'm sure if they see you carrying a fan, somebody will point you in the right direction. :D
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Thanks, I saw that same suggestion by Moja in an old thread by, but knowing that corner nowadays to be a motocy petrol station (had trouble turning left there several times because of motos lined up to buy gas), I thought it must be down the block. I guess the place, like a lot of Thai shops, is multi faceted. :thumb:
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

HHF

There is a small place on the way to Naab Thong on the right past the turning to Siam Old Teak. White sign with a blue spanner on it fixes everything and charges buttons.

Crazy 88
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Thanks, but I dropped it off yesterday at the tiny place Big Boy recommended. It is in a door well hidden behind the little motocy petrol stop I mentioned.