Electricity in Hua Hin

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
trifca

Electricity in Hua Hin

Post by trifca »

Wondered if someone that has lived in Hua Hin for a long time has experienced an extended period of time with out electricity here in HH? Has there ever been a storm or typhoon cause the electric to go out for more than a day? Am new here and wondering if I need to have a generator? The power has gone off here many times over the last 4+ months but only for an hour or so. (Live south of Soi 126) Am thinking of buying generator, anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks
Russ
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: Electricity in Hua Hin

Post by hhfarang »

I've lived in 4 locations around Hua Hin and Takiab for the last ten years and the longest outage I can remember was about 5 hours. Now there are many short ones (a few seconds), but long ones are rare and are usually due to an accident like a car taking out a pole with a transformer, or scheduled maintenance like upgrading to a larger transformer.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

^^ agree we just have 2 day at about 7 hours were the make maintance or whatever but it was
announced the day before,so of to the beach or whatever you fancy course in our house it's get very
warm without a fan or aircon.
I never hear a generator start from other houses, but we don't get many cuts here in samorn phrong area (near the old immigration office) :D

:cheers: :cheers:
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

^^ Must have been very localised. We live in Smor Phrong and had no power cuts. Last one we had was one evening a couple of weeks ago for about an hour and a half. I'm sure there'll be a few more before the end of rainy season. Usually accompanied by a large bang from a transformer.
trifca

Post by trifca »

OK Thanks All of YOU.....not sure if generator is worth it then.....
Russ
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

trifca wrote:The power has gone off here many times over the last 4+ months but only for an hour or so. (Live south of Soi 126) Am thinking of buying generator, anyone have any suggestions?
We lived in soi 126 for about 6 years until a year ago, but I don't recall a serious problem other than the examples given above. Give it another year and then decide if you need one, but I doubt it. "Overkill" I think!
This is the way
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

Nowadays generators are very cheap. I got one from Lidl in the UK for £75 . Uses unleaded petrol and has 2 a/c sockets enough to power a freezer and the internet connection. If you work from home or engage in trading via the internet it is comforting to know you have a back up.
It would appear from the above comments that HuaHin has a more reliable electricity supply than rural Aberdeenshire !
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

hum, a bit far to go for a generator dundrillin, and there is no lidl in thailand !!!
I am sure trifca means to get one around here !!
trifca

Post by trifca »

I think I will wait till next year and decide after March that will be one year here....wait and see. Thanks All.