Good shave with straight razor

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Good shave with straight razor

Post by jumusman »

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good place for a proper shave in Hua Hin. So far the two places I have tried pulled a 1 bladed bic out of a 25 pack, used cold water and left my wallet 200 baht lighter whilst I still have to go home and cleanup the hack job myself.

There used to be a great place in Pattaya I would go to, really nice old fashioned place with a straight razor, hot water and she would take her time shaving my head and face, if done right it can be such a nice relaxing experience!
Attachments
1391021046622.jpg
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
dozer
Ace
Ace

Re: Good shave with straight razor

Post by dozer »

You can't beat a good shave, the barbers in the middle East usually do a great job.I have tried a few in Hua Hin but as you say pretty hopeless! But i am off to Muscat tonight, so will get a decent one tomorrow afternoon.
Atheists have no need of a god. Our lives are not based on fear or guilt. We are moral because we know it's right.

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity. R J Hanlon
theprice01
Professional
Professional

Re: Good shave with straight razor

Post by theprice01 »

Theres a traditional barbers in the under-cover Thai market on the p-kasem road, i saw he has the proper chair for proper shaves so im assuming he does them!?
When nosy expats ask how can i live here without working, i reply, 'well, while you worked hard for 50 years, i worked smart for 5 years' :D