Commercial Printer

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Zero
Banned
Banned

Commercial Printer

Post by Zero »

Looking for a serious commercial printer in Hua Hin, preferably running 4/5 colour presses.

Is there such a business?

Cheers,

Z.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Commercial Printer

Post by Bristolian »

Sorry but there are no commercial printers in Hua Hin using 4/5 color presses. There was one using single and two color presses but i'm not sure if they are still in operation
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Zero
Banned
Banned

Post by Zero »

OK thanks.

Any ideas as to the nearest decent printer using a two-color press, or even a print broker/shop who understand and can handle quality print?

I guess my best bet for quality colour is in Bangkok then?

Anyhow, thanks for the info - saved me a full day of riding round on the scooter getting nowhere!

Cheers,

Z.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

You are best dealing with a printer in Bangkok as there are over 1,000 small and large commercial printers located in the city area. Most BKK printers will happily deliver to HH. If you can tell me what you are looking to print and the volume, I might be able to give you some suggestions of printers that might be suitable. Please send a PM if the information is confidential.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

[quote="Bristolian"]You are best dealing with a printer in Bangkok as there are over 1,000 small and large commercial printers located in the city area. Most BKK printers will happily deliver to HH. If you can tell me what you are looking to print and the volume, I might be able to give you some suggestions of printers that might be suitable. Please send a PM if the information is confidential.[/quote

This has long been a problem in HH. We have always had to go elsewhere for quality printing.

Good opportunity for the right people to start a business here in HH
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

bapak wrote:
Bristolian wrote:You are best dealing with a printer in Bangkok as there are over 1,000 small and large commercial printers located in the city area. Most BKK printers will happily deliver to HH. If you can tell me what you are looking to print and the volume, I might be able to give you some suggestions of printers that might be suitable. Please send a PM if the information is confidential.[/quote

This has long been a problem in HH. We have always had to go elsewhere for quality printing.

Good opportunity for the right people to start a business here in HH
I agree. The company that I work for is the largest manufacturer of printing presses in the world and hence i have access to the customer database. 80% of all commercial printers are based in Bangkok and even those that claim to be commercial printers, in upcounty locations, are often little more than jobbing printers or have a small digital press.

Starting a printing plant is expensive, even if you buy used equipment and even if you oerate a printing press you will often need to subcontract the finishing of the product. Where are the finishers located....BKK!
JD
Legend
Legend

Post by JD »

I heard there was a company in Prachap Kirikhan (town) that had a 5 colour Speedmaster and some finishing equipment, six station Muller. This was a few years ago and I never got round to looking them up. I've got a box full of old Business Cards somewhere and I will try to find time to see if I can get their name.
Per Angusta In Augusta.
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.facebook.com/huahinhamandbacon
www.hamandbacon.co.th
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

Not sure if this printer is still operational but for single and two colour work it might be worth giving a call first
HUA HIN SARN CL.
74/4-5 NAB KAEHAT RD.
A. HUA HIN,PRACHUAB KHIRIKHAN
+66 32-512345
Komori 2 colour press
Heidelberg 1 colour GTO
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

JD wrote:I heard there was a company in Prachap Kirikhan (town) that had a 5 colour Speedmaster and some finishing equipment, six station Muller. This was a few years ago and I never got round to looking them up. I've got a box full of old Business Cards somewhere and I will try to find time to see if I can get their name.
Probably this one...
SOMBAT PRINTING

241-247 KOH LAK RD., T. KOH LAK

A. MUANG,PRACHUAB KHIRIKHAN

032 601 965

3 x single colour Ryobi presses

Have heard that he has substantially increased prices. We are waiting for a quote for a repeat job he done several years ago.
Zero
Banned
Banned

Post by Zero »

Thanks for all the responses chaps. I ended up sourcing the cards in MBK Bangkok at one of the many digital print counters. Because I needed litho they sent the job out. I ended up paying 10,000ThB for 2 (Qty. 500 and 2000) types of single sided, 2-colour cards with a matt laminate. I'll collect them tomorrow.

As a senior designer and former MD of a high-end Scitex digital repro-house back in the noughties, i'm a bit sniffy about quality and I really love beautiful print (saddo I know), so I was very keen to get around a few decent commercial outfits in Bangkok, have a look at their plant and start to build my print network with a view for future print solutions here in HH. As we all know good suppliers are worth their weight in gold out here.

A few minutes Googling "Bangkok Commercial Printers" revealed very little from my limited farang POV. What was thrown up was not inspiring on the screen. The printers that I identified as possibles were all well outside of Bangkok's CBD, so rather than flying around in a taxi for hours, MBK Mall was the easy option for this job, although I was a little dubious in dealing with a Xerox print counter for litho print. Let's see.

As Bapak and Bristolian were discussing upthread - HH is clearly lacking a full service commercial printer, although whether there is enough work within HH to justify the capital outlay for the "tin" is another thing entirely. Perhaps Bristolian can offer some insight on this subject?

So, with that in mind, when I finally open up my design shop on Poonsuk...I plan to offer a print brokerage, where invoicing is raised direct from the printer and my end would be in the area of a 15% handling fee to place and guarantee the work (at my soon to be established Bangkok print network - with help of Bristolian's high level overview of the Bangkok litho environment). It would be a useful service for the area, would it not?

Anybody any thoughts on this? I'd be interested to hear what you guys think. Again, thanks for all the responses.

Z.
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

bapak wrote:
JD wrote:I heard there was a company in Prachap Kirikhan (town) that had a 5 colour Speedmaster and some finishing equipment, six station Muller. This was a few years ago and I never got round to looking them up. I've got a box full of old Business Cards somewhere and I will try to find time to see if I can get their name.
Probably this one...
SOMBAT PRINTING

241-247 KOH LAK RD., T. KOH LAK

A. MUANG,PRACHUAB KHIRIKHAN

032 601 965

3 x single colour Ryobi presses

Previously we had heard that this company had doubled its prices. We have received a new quote.. the first job was 3 years ago. The difference with the new quote is 28%. I consider this to be a reasonable increase over a 3 year period. They done good work for us previously and expect the same this time.