Poppies for Armistice Day in Hua Hin

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
pdm3547
Professional
Professional

Poppies for Armistice Day in Hua Hin

Post by pdm3547 »

Is there anywhere in HH I can buy a poppy in advance of Armistice Day?
Big Boy

Re: Poppies

Post by Big Boy »

Hua Hin Ham & Bacon have an official collection box and poppies as usual.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
JD
Legend
Legend

Post by JD »

RBL Poppy Appeal 2014.jpg
RBL Poppy Appeal 2014.jpg (199.95 KiB) Viewed 957 times
Last year Hua Hin Ham & Bacon customers were very generous and they kindly donated 13,900 baht of the 16,405 baht total that was raised in the Hua Hin area.

This year we have already raised over 9,000 baht and hope this will grow more in the run up 11/11. Plenty of Poppies and pins, please contribute.

Poppies are also available at Buffalo Tavern and El Murphy's.
Per Angusta In Augusta.
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.facebook.com/huahinhamandbacon
www.hamandbacon.co.th
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

One of the company's in the conglomerate I used to work for, made over 500,000 war graves for the first and second world wars and these are spread all over the Worlds war cemetery's. They also made the Cenotaph in London, plus many other memorials around the UK and other countries.

I have always made a point of visiting many of these war cemetery's over the years, whilst travelling for work and I always leave with a very heavy heart, thinking of the sheer waste of life all these countries suffered, just because man cannot get along with their neighbours.

This year will be different, as we are hoping to be in Florence on November 11th and I will be visiting the FLORENCE (GLI ALLORI) EVANGELICAL CEMETERY, where only one British soldier is buried.

When will man ever learn the lessons of the past, I suspect never.

poppies watercolour text 1024x768x.jpg
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

JD wrote:Last year Hua Hin Ham & Bacon customers were very generous and they kindly donated 13,900 baht of the 16,405 baht total that was raised in the Hua Hin area.

This year we have already raised over 9,000 baht and hope this will grow more in the run up 11/11. Plenty of Poppies and pins, please contribute.

That's fantastic, JD, good on you! I confess I've lost the poppy habit over the last decade, but I'm pledging to pop in (well, to have Mrs D-M pop in) for a couple of poppies during the week.
It will also give me a discussion topic for next week's students, who might actually learn something new for a change! :laugh:
This is the way
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

JD wrote:
RBL Poppy Appeal 2014.jpg
Last year Hua Hin Ham & Bacon customers were very generous and they kindly donated 13,900 baht of the 16,405 baht total that was raised in the Hua Hin area.

JD I think that's amazing and I think it's lovely that the fallen and ex servicemen and families are not forgotten in the expat community within Hua Hin and the acknowledgment of this is really strong.
Well done and big respect for that. :cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
pdm3547
Professional
Professional

Post by pdm3547 »

Thanks to all for their information, and to Harry Bosch for the PM (but for some reason I cannot reply?)

I'll pop down to HH H&B to make my donation tomorrow. No doubt it will spark some conversation with my thai friends.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

A BIG well done to the team at Hua Hin Ham & Bacon - a fantastic effort.
poppy.jpg
poppy.jpg (29.51 KiB) Viewed 556 times
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
JD
Legend
Legend

Re: Poppies for Armistice Day in Hua Hin

Post by JD »

Thanks to all who contributed this year and also to Ye Olde Buffalo Tavern and El Murphys for having collection boxes in situ.

I would also like to mention one person, without whom there would not be any poppies or collections for Remembrance Day within Hua Hin.

Mr Clive Evans has devoted many years and put in much time and traveling to ensure poppies and collection boxes are situated in Hua Hin. He has recently moved away from Hua Hin but still travels back to ensure that those who want to contribute to the Remembrance can still do so.

He was talking yesterday about his connections to the 2nd World War & Operation Market Garden. This was the operation by the British (1st Airborne Division) and US Forces (101st Airborne Division), which was the attempt to secure the Rhine Bridges at Arnhem and Nijmegen in September of 1944. This brave but disastrous attempt resulted in an estimated 17,000 casualties. This year marked the 70th anniversary of that operation.

Thank you Clive for your commitment and dedication to this so worthy cause. You help give us the choice to show that we remember.
Per Angusta In Augusta.
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.facebook.com/huahinhamandbacon
www.hamandbacon.co.th