DHL tracked post

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

DHL tracked post

Post by Pagey »

Hi all

The Post Office have great difficulty in finding my villa. Not surprising as it is in a small unnamed soi with just 3 villas, off another smallish unnamed soi.

I have not yet redirected most of my mail for this reason but I need to do so soon.

I had a parcel sent from Pattaya by EMS which when I tracked it stated delivery failed because they could not find my villa. The sender did ask me for a moo baan but I didn't know what it was.

I needed some documents sending from the UK which after 6 weeks or so hadn't arrived. So I had a Thai translate the address from my electric bill, which was 'Moo Baan West Side of Railway Line' or similar which I though was no help at all.

I posted 2 envelopes to myself in Hua Hin with the moo baan in the address and they both arrived 6 days later. Great value BTW at 3 baht per letter!

So I had my documents resent with the moo baan in the address and they sent them by DHL so that I could track them.

The tracking details are sent from UK Oct 10th, arrived DHL in Bkk 12th October, then the 13th October, delivery arranged, no details expected. :banghead:

Still not arrived at my home and DHL only tracked them to Bkk for some reason.

Will they be at Hua Hin Post Office ? If so which counter do I go to ? Armed with what, my address written down and passport for ID ?

Thanks for any advice from anyone suffered similar.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Big Boy

Re: DHL tracked post

Post by Big Boy »

IF they are at the Post Office, the counter is on your right (about as far from the entrance as you can get). Normally a huge queue waiting for that counter.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

I went to that counter for my EMS parcel from Pattaya, I didn't know it was for any mail. They have the ticket queuing system there and yes, I was waiting quite a while. Ok, I will brave it tomorrow, thanks.

Man in pub circa 1987.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I think that's the Poste Restante counter. If so, it deals with EMS and other recorded delivery items in which case you need the recorded number/card from the PO and proof of identity. There's a sign in Thai and English there.
I've a feeling that general mail that isn't delivered festers somewhere in the back of the building.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

I have the DHL tracking number, will that be sufficient ?

Man in pub circa 1987.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Just thinking about what's happened to me before, sometimes registered stuff gets held up at Laksi sorting office in BKK. If your stuff dosn't come through it might be worthwhile chasing them.
Also ask about PO Box facilities. There may not be any available but I've had mine for donkey's years and I'm not aware of any correspondence going amiss to that address. For 500 THB a year, it's a good investment.
EDIT You'll need proof of ID as well. Passport.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

lomuamart wrote:Also ask about PO Box facilities. There may not be any available but I've had mine for donkey's years and I'm not aware of any correspondence going amiss to that address. For 500 THB a year, it's a good investment.
Can people share their PO Box? If so, do they?
This is the way
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I've never known DHL to deal with a post office. The DHL delivery truck should bring it right to your house. Having said that, FEDEX has a less expensive option of FEDEX plane to destination country, then national mail service to the final destination. I've never heard of DHL having a similar option though. I would say check with DHL first on the method used, that should narrow it down. Pete
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I agree with the above as far as I've not come across DHL dealing with the Post Office.
Having said that, I've just come from the PO after my credit cards, which were sent by Royal Mail registered, hadn't arrived. Tracking from the UK only goes as far as BKK. It arrived in BKK on the 14th and the PO said it arrived in HH on the 15th. "I'll have to talk to the postman to find out what has happened" I was told. Lo and behold, when I arrived home, the package is in the letter box soaking wet. No signature acquired and there for anyone to see! I guess the postman, after getting a call from the PO, found it at the bottom of his bag and quickly delivered it. Certainly not ideal but relieved that I now have them.
Incidentally, I never took a number at the PO. Just go to the gate on the right and catch someone's attention then they will do the running around.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I did say,
Big Boy wrote:IF they are at the Post Office
Putting the IF in capitals to make it stand out.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

dtaai-maai wrote:
lomuamart wrote:Also ask about PO Box facilities. There may not be any available but I've had mine for donkey's years and I'm not aware of any correspondence going amiss to that address. For 500 THB a year, it's a good investment.
Can people share their PO Box? If so, do they?
I used to share one but that was some years back. Can't see why not if your incoming mail has the PO box clearly marked
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

I finally got my documents today although in a roundabout way - just thought I'd update the thread for anyone else using DHL to send/receive parcels/mail.

I didn't fancy trying to do battle in the Post Office on my own so I discovered DHL have an office on Petchakasem Road, just after the Chomsin Road lights heading out of town so that was my first port of call armed with my DHL tracking number.

As DHL only track to Bkk and don't offer a delivery service in HH, what they do in Bkk is forward it by EMS to HH. The very helpful English speaking lady in DHL made a phone call and got me the EMS tracking number and told me to take that to the PO.

I handed that in to the counter on the right and after a short wait he came back with a print out showing it had been delivered and signed for - but not by me!

Turns out that DHL had typed my house number as 55 instead of 550, which was on the original envelope. Anyway I called round at that house today and they still had the DHL package unopened and handed it over. :thumb:

Man in pub circa 1987.
Majestic Creek

Post by Majestic Creek »

I have now lived in Hua Hin for over two years, so my concern was what do I do when my Nationwide bank card expires. I have to use this with a card reader, to generate a code to enable me to transfer money from the UK to my Kasikorn account.

I use my sister's address in the UK for all pension or bank info.

She recieved my new card on tuesday last week, and took it to the local DHL outlet near her in the UK.

She let me know it had been sent and a tracking number as well. So I was going to give it a week or so, then go to DHL in Hua Hin to see what had happened.

Amazing, I got home on friday afternoon, and there was the DHL package, secure and unopened. They actually delivered to my house by motor bike.

Cost for the sevice was £34 pounds, but worth every penny for taking the worry away of no card.

DHL website shows all the UK recieving points, many are WH Smith and HomeBase.

Great service.