Air con leaking

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
t1ggyw1ggy10

Air con leaking

Post by t1ggyw1ggy10 »

just wondering if any one has any experience of this .im currently renting a room in an apartment block .ive been here now for 11 months . My aircon is leaking a lot and have been told I must pay to have it cleaned . There is nothing in the agreement about it . They said it was cleaned just before I moved in . Is anyone currently renting that has had to pay ?
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Re: Air con leaking

Post by Name Taken »

Yeah, I have had problems with Air con leaks. In Thailand they don't use central air conditioning, it's just 4 cinder block walls with a hole knocked through one of them for an air conditioner.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

just say no to paying for the cleaning. just let it keep leaking. see what they do.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

In addition to the Air con leaking it is also not cooling properly(putting out cold air), one night it was so hot that it felt like I was living inside of an oven. I have had the maintenance people for the apartment try to fix the air con unit 3 times(cleaning, refilling coolant and refilling coolant again) so far and I have been this apartment for less than 1 year. It is becoming extremely frustrating to say the least to find an apartment here in Thailand that is a decent, well-maintained, clean and affordable place to live. :cuss:
It seems as though the apartment owners and managers here in Thailand could care less about their renters/residents and they (owners/managers) don't have any common sense at all.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

JamesWest wrote:just say no to paying for the cleaning. just let it keep leaking. see what they do.
They would probably charge him for any damage to the apartment that the leaking air con caused.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

Welcome to Thailand.
A friend is only one click away
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

I think what causes a lot of air conditioners here in Thailand to leak is the air conditioner gets clogged up with polluted air from vehicle emissions. I have noticed what looks like black soot on my air conditioner vent, which I think is caused by vehicle emissions polluting the air. There are a lot of motorcycles and vehicles in Thailand with illegally modified exhaust pipes.