Storage in Hua Hin

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Storage in Hua Hin

Post by migrant »

Headed over later this year for good. Will start house construction, but until secure, need a place to store what we are bringing over.

Yes, we could rent a larger house than we need, but was wondering about any storage units that people may know about

The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Re: Storage

Post by Pagey »

This is a relatively new place for smaller items it seems as I don't think HH has had a storage facility before as the question has been asked a few times.

http://www.huahinstorage.com/
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I don't know of anywhere myself, but the shipping agent will be one option - worth asking for a price. Whatever you do, be careful about the storage conditions - security/heat/humidity/termites etc
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

self storage places do not work in Thailand because you must show the contents to the owner for approval. that is because the owner, by law, is responsible for the contents. they have to see everything. :shock:

"All cartoons must to be checked by our staff ,before seal it,and store in the locker."

would you do that?
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Sorry to say Migrant, but we needed storage 3 times over there and there was none to be had. We needed it while building our home too (for 2 years as it turned out!), as well as when we moved to a smaller rental when we sold our home, and then when we were arranging to leave. Every time we had to rent a home big enough to have at least one entire room to store boxes and furniture. The nearest storage units we could find were in Bangkok. The moving company will store for you but at a premium price. With rentals being fairly cheap, I think think it is cheaper, and more secure to rent with the extra space and store in a room where you are living so you can keep an eye on it as well as control the temperature, moisture, insects, and rats.

We stored our stuff in a third bedroom of our first rental. The entire room was stacked wall to wall, floor to ceiling and I left the A/C on a low humidity-removing setting to protect everything.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

JamesWest wrote:"All cartoons must to be checked by our staff ,before seal it,and store in the locker."

would you do that?
No, I would not.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

It's apparent that the concept/idea of a personal storage facility has never dawned on Thai people.
brianks
Guru
Guru

Post by brianks »

The storage system works so well in the U.S. because the people are pack rats and refuse to throw away anything. Stuff garages full of junk then rent a storage shed for more and never touch any of it for months or years. Most in Thailand use something until it is trash and throw it away on the roadside or burn it so no need for storage.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

Pagey wrote:This is a relatively new place for smaller items it seems as I don't think HH has had a storage facility before as the question has been asked a few times.

http://www.huahinstorage.com/
That looks like someone has converted a townhouse into a makeshift storage facility.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Storage in Hua Hin

Post by oakdale160 »

Im looking fora staorage place, searched the forum cant find any thing.Mostly boxes alitle furniture and a M/bike.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

I noticed a self storage place in soi 80 the other day. Good for small amounts of stuff maybe. Bike probably not.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Re: Storage in Hua Hin

Post by Pagey »

'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I found the place onSoi 80. Quite small lockers but I dont have much stuff A locker 80cm x 80cm x 90cm is 500b/month discount for 3 or more months. I dumping and giving away tons of stuff. My Burmese yard man really likes his new wool suit.