Mending (repairing) Clothes? Near Soi 94 preferred.

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Mending (repairing) Clothes? Near Soi 94 preferred.

Post by Homer »

I need a new shop to get my clothes fixed. Nothing fancy, no alterations, just repair blown seams or bar tack (reinforce) stress points on casual clothes. Thai language only at the shop is not a problem.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Mending (repairing) Clothes? Near Soi 94 preferred.

Post by HHTel »

A little Thai woman has a stall outside on soi 88 (just round the bend past Mini-farm restaurant) on the left. Sits on the pavement behind her sewing machine. Will do repairs while you wait and very very cheap.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

I'm pretty sure there's a shop at the top end of Soi 94 (Pethkasem Rd end) that advertises clothing repairs. Never used it but have ridden past it a few times.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

HHTel wrote:A little Thai woman has a stall outside on soi 88 (just round the bend past Mini-farm restaurant) on the left. Sits on the pavement behind her sewing machine. Will do repairs while you wait and very very cheap.
I use that road regularly. Haven't seen anyone sitting and working outside a shop in years.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Pleng wrote:I'm pretty sure there's a shop at the top end of Soi 94 (Pethkasem Rd end) that advertises clothing repairs. Never used it but have ridden past it a few times.
Your memory can't narrow it down to anything finer than the 'top end'?
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

She's not outside. Come over the crossing and turn right........continue round the left hand bend, you will see I LUB U hotel on your left. She is in that area. If you get to the 7/11 you have passed her.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

If you can't find that one, go up Soi 88 until you reach the left turn immediately before the crossing and on the bend is a gas cylinder shop and next door is a sewing shop. Inside glass sliding door, very small shop.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Homer wrote:
Pleng wrote:I'm pretty sure there's a shop at the top end of Soi 94 (Pethkasem Rd end) that advertises clothing repairs. Never used it but have ridden past it a few times.
No it can't.

It's not a massive area, really.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

HHTel wrote:Sits on the pavement behind her sewing machine.
robcar wrote:She's not outside.
Clear as mud. Bog standard on this forum for directions, locations and knowing if a shop hasn't closed permanently.
robcar wrote:Come over the crossing and turn right........continue round the left hand bend
That explains it. That short section of road, one I've traversed in most weeks for the last 5 years, is the one that when mentioned on this forum as the location for shops is wrong at least 90% of the time. Maybe we should give that area a name. How about The Twilight Zone?
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Pagey wrote:If you can't find that one, go up Soi 88 until you reach the left turn immediately before the crossing and on the bend is a gas cylinder shop and next door is a sewing shop. Inside glass sliding door, very small shop.
Bingo. I used to go there. Between having a shop I could walk to, paying attention while riding through that intersection and the often wall of gas cylinders blocking the shop front I hadn't noticed it's still there. Thanks.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Homer wrote:
Pleng wrote:No it can't.
Exactly as I expected.
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

Apologies for my earlier post putting the sewing lady at the bottom end of Soi 88 near I LUB U. I had a walk that way earlier today and no sign of her down there. I'd have put money on it that she was there and I would have lost it.
I did go up the other way too and could not see her anywhere, I did though see a sewing machine set-up outside a shop opposite the French Butcher.........maybe that was/is her pitch.

Homer it looks like you are becoming the local flamer with all your negative comments in this thread
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

There is a lady across the road from the West End of Soi 80. Get to the Indian Restaurant and cross the road at an angle of 45 degrees to your right.

She's in a very small alcove/lean to affair, but she's always got loads of work. Very good, very quick and very cheap. She's altered/mended many items of clothing for Mrs BB. BB Jnr has had a few things altered and repaired there also. The 'fatty' Hua Hin supporters have been getting their shirts transformed from Thai size into virtual circus tents for 2 seasons now, without complaint.

If you're still looking - worth a try. She doesn't operate a Thai/Farang price scale either.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

Update on my earlier post.......... the lady IS still there, she is next to the restaurant that does all the BBQ fish. She does not open very early because she has a daughter to get to school. My Thai lady wife has just returned (7pm)from having 2 handbag handles fixed by her so I wouldn't have lost my money after all :wink: :)
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

robcar wrote:Homer it looks like you are becoming the local flamer with all your negative comments in this thread
Fellow Yanks in the Philippines couldn't agree if their Brit friends pervasive inability to provide location or direction information more useful than 'it's over there somewhere' was genuine, intended as humor, messing with others or done out of spite. We let them know when they were wrong.

In a PC world where kids get trophies for participating and doing anything other than graciously accepting someones attempt to help, no matter how useless or counterproductive it was, follow up comments of the sort you referred to are considered 'negative'. Bleep that. Bleep PC. Telling someone their 'help' was useless is an education.