Dehumidifier

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Dehumidifier

Post by migrant »

When we lived in the eastern US where it got quite humid we had a dehumidifier.

Now living in Thailand on the beach we get a lot of humidity.

Anyone use a dehumidifier, for good, or bad? Also are they readily available?
Got to admit I haven't looked hard yet

The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
PeteC

Re: Dehumidifier

Post by PeteC »

If you don't find anything in the stores, you can enter the adventurous realm of Thai on line shopping. :D The below link has some dehumidifiers, bottom of the first page seems like some substantial (and expensive) units. Pete :cheers:

http://www.lazada.co.th/shop-dehumidifiers/

NOTE: The wife has used Lazada once and the experience was not bad at all. The only bad part is that they use, at least in my area, local mom & pop outfits with a pick-up truck for delivery and it was a challenging exercise to guide them to the house. They had no clue about the area, and no GPS device.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Thanks Pete!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

One more note. The wife used a credit card issued by a Thai bank. I don't know if they accept foreign issued credit cards. Pete
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

prcscct wrote:One more note. The wife used a credit card issued by a Thai bank. I don't know if they accept foreign issued credit cards. Pete
Fortunately (or not) the wife has one! :cheers:
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

I think the humidity comes with the territory, trying to combat it will be like trying to push water uphill.

Much like addressing wives and their credit card habits...

Good luck with both!
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Regarding the credit card bit, I use Cash On Delivery (COD) with Lazada, and it works well - no extra cost.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

As an alternative, I remember reading about water dispenser machines that in effect act as a dehumidifier and suck the moisture out of the air to create the water - not cheap but if dehumidifiers are expensive, you could get two for the price of one (I recollect they were something like 30,000 baht).
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Dannie Boy wrote:As an alternative, I remember reading about water dispenser machines that in effect act as a dehumidifier and suck the moisture out of the air to create the water - not cheap but if dehumidifiers are expensive, you could get two for the price of one (I recollect they were something like 30,000 baht).
Superb machine, bought one a month ago on the recommendation from someone who has had 3 for around two years. Faultless, easy to use and the water is so much better than the crap from plastic bottles. And yes - acts as a dehumidifier too.

PM me for phone number of supplier if you want one.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^ With those water dispensers do you need to be careful about what's going on in the air around it? For example if I spray some Baygon at a bunch of mosquitoes, or the girls are cooking up several servings of pad kra pao, or god forbid the farmers are spreading chicken manure on their cassava fields again! etc. :shock: Pete
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Nice one Pete - but no chance of that in my living room..............
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

prcscct wrote:With those water dispensers do you need to be careful about what's going on in the air around it?
Naw, they filter out farts , no problem. Human or dog!

I have run commercial units and the only problem I found was you need to be a bit careful about just what is in the room. They will dry out some things to destuction.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!