Vinyl record shop

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
jackdaniels
Rookie
Rookie

Vinyl record shop

Post by jackdaniels »

Hi,

Does anyone know if there's a vinyl record shop in Hua Hin? Preferably rock, metal and punk.

Thanks!
PeteC

Re: Vinyl record shop

Post by PeteC »

I think you would have a hard time finding one of them even in Bangkok or anywhere here. Of course I stand to be corrected. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

There are a couple of places in Bangkok. Just recently there was a note in a weekly magazine showing photos with racks and racks full of vinyl records. Sorry I did not make a note of it. The places that sell high end turntables also have them, but mostly classical stuff.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

This is going to sound a bit vague but might be worth a look if you're keen. Not so long ago I was having a local meal at an open restaurant on the stretch of Phetkasem road opposite the palace, a place that has a counter at the front selling duck. On the end of the road alongside the restaurant was a hand painted sign pointing up the road advertising vinyl records. I haven't any idea what you might find up there as I haven't owned a turntable since about 1980!
mil_dos

Post by mil_dos »

I've seen one of the little shops in the Chatsila market offshoot from the HH Night Market with a stock of vinyl. Very varied selection. Seemed quite pricey
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

Haven't seen anything in Hua Hin but there is a shop in Ozono on soi 37 sukumvit, that sell and exchange records in part with a bicycle shop. Noticed they had a fair mix from the 60's 70,s 80's
Noticed pink Floyd, procol Harem and Eagles and the like and had just stopped there with the dog and noticed it whilst having coffee. (One of the few dog friendly places in Bangkok) didn't,t pay a lot of attention to prices so unable to help,there. Have attached a link for info if you wish to investigate further.

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=ozono ... mAX4xYmICw
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
goonerdave
Novice
Novice

Post by goonerdave »

do you want to buy or sell if your intersted ive got 200 odd punk singles also 20 albums not been played since the 80s the good old days
Green Nomad
Professional
Professional

Post by Green Nomad »

JD,,

I am also getting back into my Vinyl :mrgreen: ...I have visited a shop in Bangkok called Hof Records, located in the Thangya Park shopping centre, the same place where Thai passports can get renewed. If you google Hof Records there's a very good website with a mail order option. There are several in Bangkok but cannot vouch for quality or selection.

Good Luck,,,,let me know how you get on... :cheers: GN.
jackdaniels
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jackdaniels »

Thanks for all the replies. I didn't get any notifications on your replies so i just found my own post again after a google search :D

I'm not going to Bangkok this time so i guess i will try to follow some of the clues here and keep my eyes open :)

Goonerdave: Sounds interesting. I'm looking to buy as i just started with collecting vinyl again. Could you give me some example of bands and the condition of the albums? Also approx price if you know. Send me a PM if you want.

Thanks again!