Pest control supplies

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Pest control supplies

Post by migrant »

Living in Bang Saphan one learns that services are limited. We get quite a few ants, and I have sprayed around the base of the house, nests, etc with the sprays available around. It has helped, some.

Anyone know of a good product, and where to buy, in Hua Hin area?

Thanks! :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
buksida

Re: Pest control supplies

Post by buksida »

You can get the ant powder (in the yellow bag) locally in Bangsaphan but essentially you'll never be able to totally get rid of ants. Just try not to leave any food out.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

When we bought our bungalow, we were overrun with the little beasts. I tried all sorts - it got rid of them for a day or 2, but then they would be back. All products were a waste of time IMO. The cracks between our floor tiles were like an ant super highway.

In the end, I bit the bullet, and called in a professional pest controller - cost 5,500 Baht a year. Never seen one of the beasties since. For the money, we get 12 monthly visits where they do the routine spraying. Any adhoc problems, give them a call, and they are there immediately i.e. we had something in the roof - sorted same day; we spotted rats in the garden - sorted next day.

I'm sure you must have a pest controller in BS, and you probably won't get charged as much as Hua Hin (although I think we have a bargain for what we pay).
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Chandrite spray with the needle applicator is the next best thing to a professional coming out. It you haven't tried it, you should. It's not just for termites. Like with any spray, you'll have to judge time between application periods but it should be 2 weeks + with this stuff. Pete :cheers:
php0yEC3fPM.jpg
php0yEC3fPM.jpg (123.66 KiB) Viewed 604 times
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Thanks all! In California there was a good ortho product I would spray around the foundation and out about 4 feet, usually once every 3 months. Never saw another ant after doing that.

Here, of course, we have a lot of sand, and not a solid foundation.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.