Global House store in Hua Hin

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
dpd
Rookie
Rookie

Global House store in Hua Hin

Post by dpd »

Does anyone know when the new Global House store just outside Hua Hin is opening? It looked as though they were quite far on and may have started stocking it but it didn't look open to the public yet. It is out of town heading towards Pranburi not too far before the Tesco store near the army camp. Cheers.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Global House store Hua Hin opening?

Post by oakdale160 »

what does GH sell?
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

It's in Pranburi, not too far before the Tesco, on the left driving south. We went past it today and the access road didn't look finished but there were quite a few cars and pickups parked there.

@Oakdale, GH is like Thai Watsadu, but, in my opinion, much better.
dpd
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dpd »

Sorry oakdale160, I should have said it is a big DIY store like a Thai Watsadu / Bunnings in Oz / Home Depot in USA / B&Q in the UK.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

Usually Global House carry a very good range of tools from the quality manufacturers. They have a good reputation in the market for quality of product and service. Thai Watsadu will need to step up their game if they want to hold on to their customers making large purchases.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

13-14 years ago, I built a house in Khon Kaen and bought just about everything from building materials (blocks, cement, roofing, etc.) to tiles, tools, plumbing equipment, bathroom suites, electrical appliances etc. etc. from Global House. Quality of goods was excellent as was the customer service. They also stood by the guarantees they gave without any quibbling. Excellent store.
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

dpd wrote:Does anyone know when the new Global House store just outside Hua Hin is opening? It looked as though they were quite far on and may have started stocking it but it didn't look open to the public yet. It is out of town heading towards Pranburi not too far before the Tesco store near the army camp. Cheers.
I must say your "just outside Hua Hin" and mine are not the same. If this place is in Pranburi that is 20 KM or more "just outside"!.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I just drove past there and I don't think it was actually open but as mentioned above, it doesn't look far off.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

I visited Global home this week. The store is similar in size to Thai Watsadu and has a good range of products. I was specifically interested in the tool and hardware sections and was impressed by the tools available but a little disappointed by the hardware selection, maybe this was because it takes considerable time in a store this size to get your bearings and become familiar with the layout.

I did need some help locating a few items and needed to ask help from the staff. They were attentive and at least the ones that I spoke with, seemed well trained on products in their sections and I didn't get a single mai me :D

Another bonus was that the checkouts were all manned and all of the goods had pricing stickers so there was no need to queue for ages whilst some pleb strolled off to check the price

A good shopping experience but let's see if the standard of service is maintained
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
eatuae

Post by eatuae »

Can you give directions to the store please
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

From Hua Hin drive south on Phetkasem road heading towards Pranburi. The store is located just before Pranburi on the left hand side, just before you reach Tesco Lotus. The store is set well back from the road with landscaping or levelling of ground in front of store, maybe for building, as it appears to be a very large piece of land simply for garden area.
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

I was there yesterday and they have really a big choice and good staff (compared to homepro).
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Only tools and hardware or also household items as ovens, microwave, fridges, TV etc...?
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

I did not see any household electrical items. The scope of products is very similar to Thai Watsadu
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Global House

Post by Name Taken »

So I went to Global House in Nakhon Sawan today( a 130 Kilometer round trip) and purchased a Stiebel Eltron Shower Heater, and when I got back home I found that the box only contained the shower heater unit itself and was missing the shower head and water hoses and filter/regulator. I guess it's my fault for not looking inside the box to make sure everything was there, but I think there is also some extreme incompetence on the Global House employees.
There is a real serious 'I don't give sh*t' type of attitude problem that Thai people have and it feels like it's a race to the bottom here in Thailand with them. Thai people seem to have a total disdain of foreigners here in Thailand and to be honest it really grinds you down after a while, this is not the way to progress and it just causes chaos. It's like I am constantly having to check and re-check and re-check and re-check to make sure things are correct or right.
When are foreigners here in Thailand going to say "Enough is enough"? You can reply to this thread with the same old ignorant "Well, I f you don't like it here go back to your own country or somewhere else" but that's not solving anything or even addressing the real issues.
Jesus Christ it can be so frustrating living in this country sometimes.

:rant: