Global House store in Hua Hin

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Felipesed1
Professional
Professional

Re: Global House

Post by Felipesed1 »

Global at Pranburi are very helpful, and do unpack boxes and check contents before check out.
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

Got moved while typing

Your experience is different than most of mine in Thailand when purchasing things, appliances / electronics, as they seem to double check most things, and even fill out the warranty card for me before leaving the store, or making sure it is in the packaging.

Trust me, when I say I'm not a Global House fan, and my last stop when shopping. HomePro usually as seem to honor warranties and return policy much better. Though insuring everything in the box, is in my experience, common, and even testing something before leaving the store.

Which if driving that distance, would have tested to make sure heating element performed properly.

Won't bother with your choice not to, or to live here, as you already covered that......LOL

IF they assisted you in the purchase, then yes, not good. IF you simply went in, picked item off shelf and checked out, again, refer to your own critique.

Actually find customer service here a bit better than the USA, in that aspect, though warranty and returns are covered much better in USA.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

...........box only contained the shower heater unit itself and was missing the shower head and water hoses and filter/regulator.
What makes you think there should be a hose and shower head in the box? Stiebel Eltron make hot water heaters, dozen of other manufactures make hoses, shower heads, filters and isolating valves. :?
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^ Honestly I was going to say the same thing. We have two of the 3500 - 6000 W models, one of which is used for a multi-point connection, and neither one came with anything but the heater. No hoses or head etc. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Name Taken wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 12:20 pmThai people seem to have a total disdain of foreigners here in Thailand.....

.....It's like I am constantly having to check and re-check and re-check and re-check to make sure things are correct or right.
It's nothing to do with foreigners, Thai's are the same. My other half always checks electrical equipment is working before we leave the store, whether a microwave, hairdryer or whatever, even when buying from her own company (she works for The Mall group). In addition, she double checks all parts that should be in the box are actually there. It's an absolute ritual with her and she always tells me to do the same, so when I bought a new shaver, I actually checked the charger worked!
Talk is cheap
PeteC

Re: Global House store in Hua Hin

Post by PeteC »

PS: If I were you I would install a separate breaker right at the heater connection point. IMO not a good idea with those things to only rely on the house breaker for that particular power circuit. In any event, it makes me feel warm and comfy to have a separate breaker given the high power of those things. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: Global House store in Hua Hin

Post by migrant »

Have had good luck with GH. They always check the box and make sure it works. Purchased a gas powered trimmer and they gassed it, and started it, right in the store (try that in the states!). Got it home (2 hours away) and the pull mechanism broke. Took it back next trip up and they replaced the entire trimmer (also starting it) cautioning me to not start with so strong a pull. Broke that one too, same thing (don't know my own strength I guess) and they also took back. At that point I figured the price the local guy charges is reasonable so they gave me a store credit.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.