Average cost of Gardner, Housekeeper, Pool Maintenance

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
dennism53
Amateur
Amateur

Average cost of Gardner, Housekeeper, Pool Maintenance

Post by dennism53 »

Interested in feed back from those that contract services at their homes.

What are your expenses for a:

Gardner, 1/4 rai grass to cut, border of hedges and palm and banana trees to trim

Housekeeper, 200 sq mtr 3 BR house twice a month

Pool maintenance, 7 x 15 mtrs salt system

Thanks in advance!
When the going gets weird the weird turn pro! HST
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Average cost of Gardner, Housekeeper, Pool Maintenance

Post by Bristolian »

If you are looking for a jack of all trades to do everything you will be disappointed as they rarely exist.

I pay my (excellent) pool man 2,000 Baht per month (salt water pool)

I pay a, now long term friend and builder/handyman and his wife to do the garden 1,000 sq M and clean the house once a week (we are weekend migrants) They also keep a check on things, report when maintenance is needed and repair/replace anything that can not wait until the following weekend, 4,000 baht per month.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

I would think the garden at 2500 -3000bht per month because 4 Rai is a very large area , pool would be 2000- 2500 per month, for a cleaner we pay 500bht each visit for 8 hours
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

PET wrote:I would think the garden at 2500 -3000bht per month because 4 Rai is a very large area , pool would be 2000- 2500 per month, for a cleaner we pay 500bht each visit for 8 hours
I think that was one fourth of a rai, not 4 rai.

We had about twice that much lawn (needs to be watered daily by the way) and a bit bigger house. We had to pay 6k baht for a competent full time gardener and 3k for a housekeeper. We tried cheaper but they turned out to be incompetent, unreliable, and in a couple of cases, a drug peddler (using our land to meet clients!) and a thief who made off with some valuable tools.

Be careful who you hire and get references if possible. I can't even begin to wonder where I would be today if the authorities had found out that yaba was being sold in my back yard.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
bluelagoon

Post by bluelagoon »

hhfarang wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:25 pm
PET wrote:I would think the garden at 2500 -3000bht per month because 4 Rai is a very large area , pool would be 2000- 2500 per month, for a cleaner we pay 500bht each visit for 8 hours
I think that was one fourth of a rai, not 4 rai.

We had about twice that much lawn (needs to be watered daily by the way) and a bit bigger house. We had to pay 6k baht for a competent full time gardener and 3k for a housekeeper. We tried cheaper but they turned out to be incompetent, unreliable, and in a couple of cases, a drug peddler (using our land to meet clients!) and a thief who made off with some valuable tools.

Be careful who you hire and get references if possible. I can't even begin to wonder where I would be today if the authorities had found out that yaba was being sold in my back yard.
would you advise to ask for some ID before hiring help for maintenance, to keep a photocopy of the ID and to check where the hired person lives?
Nonsense is better then no sense :laugh:
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

Well I had to ask the boss of such things.

Garden with a lot of plants 650 sqm plot 1000 Bt per month

Maid 500 Bt visit whether it takes 2 hours or all day. English speaking and a great cook.Makes us lunch. Also pays our bills for which we pay a bit extra for her time and fuel. She has a few houses but could do with a couple more. References no problem.

I do not have a pool but organise for others 2200-2500 per month for twice a week.Includes chemicals.

crazy 88
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

The pool maintenance seems expensive for me. I clean the pool (5x10m) myself in about 1/2 hour a week and the chemicals cost me about 300 Baht a month.
TimmyD
Novice
Novice

Post by TimmyD »

crazy88 wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 2:04 pm Well I had to ask the boss of such things.

Garden with a lot of plants 650 sqm plot 1000 Bt per month

Maid 500 Bt visit whether it takes 2 hours or all day. English speaking and a great cook.Makes us lunch. Also pays our bills for which we pay a bit extra for her time and fuel. She has a few houses but could do with a couple more. References no problem.

I do not have a pool but organise for others 2200-2500 per month for twice a week.Includes chemicals.

crazy 88
Are either of your's looking for more work?

TimmyD