Bringing household goods into Thailand

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Bringing household goods into Thailand

Post by lindosfan1 »

Unless things have changed, we shipped goods from the UK using seven seas and paid no duty at all.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
Happychappy
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Happychappy »

robcar wrote:I shipped 2 x 30kg boxes of personal stuff which included a printer and other electrical bits along with clothing and teabags. I did it with a UK firm and filled out all the required paperwork. My boxes were not even inspected. I came from UK.
Hope this helps.
Could you recommend shipping a company as we require similar (2 x 30kg boxes) Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

SevenSeas

Here you go:- http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/

Excellent from start to finish. I will use them again if I decide to return to the homeland
Happychappy
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Happychappy »

robcar wrote:SevenSeas

Here you go:- http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/

Excellent from start to finish. I will use them again if I decide to return to the homeland
Thanks for that - I will look into getting a quote from them

Happychappy
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Happychappy »

ALL - beware do not even think about using Baggage Hub (in association with TNT).
They have not got a clue ! Non existent customer service, diabolical communication skills between themselves, their subcontractors (TNT), Immigration services and least of all YOU the customer.
It has been a fiasco from start to finish (well, 3 weeks into this nightmare and no boxes delivered yet).
They delivered the empty boxes on the wrong day, told us we could fill boxes to 30kg but when TNT came to collect them they told me they were only authorised to carry 20kg per box.
I completed all appropriate paperwork and passed to TNT with a copy emailed to Baggage Hub.
No phone call or email to say they had accepted receipt of boxes but then got a bill for an additional £30 because 'no paperwork supplied' !?
I emailed and phoned operations manager, sales and customer service who were adamant I had not sent it.
I forwarded all email trail as evidence - no apology.
Should have taken 3-6 days from collection to delivery. 3 weeks on and boxes held in customs for 5 days and more money requested plus want me to give my passport to TNT driver to give to customs ?!?
Be warned NEVER NEVER NEVER USE BAGGAGE HUB - THEY ARE COMPLETE COWBOYS 🤠

robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

So not so much a Happychappy at the moment then. I shall assume from that, that the quote from sevenseasworldwide was too expensive for you.
aragon
Professional
Professional

Post by aragon »

robcar wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:12 pm So not so much a Happychappy at the moment then. I shall assume from that, that the quote from sevenseasworldwide was too expensive for you.
When all the BS is done, the dust settles and customs have their piece of the action, it may be that 7Cs would have been the more economical anyway :naughty: :run:
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......
Happychappy
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Happychappy »

aragon wrote:
robcar wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:12 pm So not so much a Happychappy at the moment then. I shall assume from that, that the quote from sevenseasworldwide was too expensive for you.
When all the BS is done, the dust settles and customs have their piece of the action, it may be that 7Cs would have been the more economical anyway :naughty: :run:
Yes they were quite pricey. I haven't paid Baggage Hub any more but may have to pay customs their cut as you say. It's just their 'couldn't give a toss' attitude and non existent customer care and lack of communications, even from their Operations Manager ! Worst attitude from someone in such a position I have ever experienced.