Bringing household goods into Thailand

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here. The Hua Hin Business Directory has listings of local shops and services.
SPONSORS: Expat Hua Hin : Siam Old Teak
User avatar
lindosfan1
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1886
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:26 pm
Location: uk

Re: Bringing household goods into Thailand

Post by lindosfan1 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:02 pm

Unless things have changed, we shipped goods from the UK using seven seas and paid no duty at all.
I suffer from the CRAFT syndrome, cannot remember a f**k**g thing

User avatar
Happychappy
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:11 pm

Re: Bringing household goods into Thailand

Post by Happychappy » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:53 pm

robcar wrote:I shipped 2 x 30kg boxes of personal stuff which included a printer and other electrical bits along with clothing and teabags. I did it with a UK firm and filled out all the required paperwork. My boxes were not even inspected. I came from UK.
Hope this helps.
Could you recommend shipping a company as we require similar (2 x 30kg boxes) Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robcar
Professional
Professional
Posts: 290
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:28 am

Re: Bringing household goods into Thailand

Post by robcar » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:21 am

SevenSeas

Here you go:- http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/

Excellent from start to finish. I will use them again if I decide to return to the homeland

User avatar
Happychappy
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:11 pm

Re: Bringing household goods into Thailand

Post by Happychappy » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:45 am

robcar wrote:SevenSeas

Here you go:- http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/

Excellent from start to finish. I will use them again if I decide to return to the homeland
Thanks for that - I will look into getting a quote from them


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Happychappy
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:11 pm

Re: Bringing household goods into Thailand

Post by Happychappy » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:32 pm

ALL - beware do not even think about using Baggage Hub (in association with TNT).
They have not got a clue ! Non existent customer service, diabolical communication skills between themselves, their subcontractors (TNT), Immigration services and least of all YOU the customer.
It has been a fiasco from start to finish (well, 3 weeks into this nightmare and no boxes delivered yet).
They delivered the empty boxes on the wrong day, told us we could fill boxes to 30kg but when TNT came to collect them they told me they were only authorised to carry 20kg per box.
I completed all appropriate paperwork and passed to TNT with a copy emailed to Baggage Hub.
No phone call or email to say they had accepted receipt of boxes but then got a bill for an additional £30 because 'no paperwork supplied' !?
I emailed and phoned operations manager, sales and customer service who were adamant I had not sent it.
I forwarded all email trail as evidence - no apology.
Should have taken 3-6 days from collection to delivery. 3 weeks on and boxes held in customs for 5 days and more money requested plus want me to give my passport to TNT driver to give to customs ?!?
Be warned NEVER NEVER NEVER USE BAGGAGE HUB - THEY ARE COMPLETE COWBOYS 🤠


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robcar
Professional
Professional
Posts: 290
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:28 am

Re: Bringing household goods into Thailand

Post by robcar » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:12 pm

So not so much a Happychappy at the moment then. I shall assume from that, that the quote from sevenseasworldwide was too expensive for you.

User avatar
aragon
Professional
Professional
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:12 pm
Location: The (Not So) Magic Kingdom

Re: Bringing household goods into Thailand

Post by aragon » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:16 pm

robcar wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:12 pm
So not so much a Happychappy at the moment then. I shall assume from that, that the quote from sevenseasworldwide was too expensive for you.
When all the BS is done, the dust settles and customs have their piece of the action, it may be that 7Cs would have been the more economical anyway :naughty: :run:
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Before marriage, a man yearns for the woman he loves.
After marriage, the 'Y' becomes silent.

User avatar
Happychappy
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:11 pm

Re: Bringing household goods into Thailand

Post by Happychappy » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:45 pm

aragon wrote:
robcar wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:12 pm
So not so much a Happychappy at the moment then. I shall assume from that, that the quote from sevenseasworldwide was too expensive for you.
When all the BS is done, the dust settles and customs have their piece of the action, it may be that 7Cs would have been the more economical anyway :naughty: :run:
Yes they were quite pricey. I haven't paid Baggage Hub any more but may have to pay customs their cut as you say. It's just their 'couldn't give a toss' attitude and non existent customer care and lack of communications, even from their Operations Manager ! Worst attitude from someone in such a position I have ever experienced.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests