Cribbage Board

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Cribbage Board

Post by Gregjam »

Without resorting to making my own cribbage board I was wondering if anyone knows of anywhere locally that sells them. I am not sure if I have the patience to drill the 120 plus holes let alone in neat evenly spaced lines.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Cribbage Board

Post by Dannie Boy »

Gregjam wrote:Without resorting to making my own cribbage board I was wondering if anyone knows of anywhere locally that sells them. I am not sure if I have the patience to drill the 120 plus holes let alone in neat evenly spaced lines.
Sorry I can't help you, but it brought back memories of playing crib with my grandad who had done that very thing and made his own cribbage board and I recollect that the holes were fairly uniform, (a brushed aluminium top fitted to a piece of wood with rivets for pegs), but then he had been an engineer working for Vickers Armstrong so I guess that wasn't too much to expect. Must admit, I used to thoroughly enjoy a game of crib, but haven't played for years.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I'm pretty sure I saw some boards as part of a larger games set (backgammon, chess, draughts) in a shop in the basement of MV.
This was a little while ago but at that time the shop was situated on the left as you enter the basement from the main, Petchkasem Road entrance.
The shop sold a big variety of stuff. Hope I'm not sending you on a wild goose chase.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

Thanks for that and no harm trying. Gives me an excuse to get out for an hour
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

One of the stalls that sell wooden games and puzzles in the night market maybe?

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Worst case I'll be heading back in May and can pick one up here in the states for you
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

Thanks Migrant but will go back to work in June and can pick one up the. I will be n Chiang Mai later this month and suspect one can be sourced there if I have not yet found one in Hua Hin. I had a resourceful niece look out for one at the night market the other day without success. I am treating it as another of those challenges this place presents. So much more available than twenty years ago but it is interesting finding out what is not or just challenging.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

Just an update. I am in Chiangmai and bought one at the night bazaar so all is well. I had made one out of a chopping board bought from the pickup truck that parks at the railway station. Drilling the holes was boring and even with a straight line to follow I have confirmed that I am not a shipwright as my father was and who no doubt will be looking down from above in horror.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

This may help if anyone decides to make their own board...

"Free cribbage board templates"

http://cribbagecorner.com/boards/templates
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?