Orbea cycle shop

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Orbea cycle shop

Post by Gregjam »

Has anyone had any experience of the Orbea cycle shop on Petchkasem Road nearly opposite Hua Hin Hospital. While I fancy upgrading to a much better mountain bike and their bikes are pretty good I am afraid of being frightened by the likely hood of a ridiculous price. The prices for their Occam model mentioned on some Thai language sites seems about twice that on the US sites.
Perhaps I just as well settle for an online retailer in Oz and bring the box with me after my next tour at work. Looking at Canyon or Polygon following recent good write ups in various magazines.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Re: Orbea cycle shop

Post by usual suspect »

I was in there last year..yes the bikes are indeed pricey, but I guess you pay for the name.
I bought my mtb on e-bay in the UK, rode it, changed parts to suit, then stripped it & brought it over..(so much easier now many airlines are allowing 30kg baggage in economy).
On various mtb forums over here the general rule is if you are in need of a decent bike, then trawl the shops in BKK, but they're catering for the Hi-So's somewhat,
& it may be a case of "Yes sir..we can get you that bike within 2 weeks"..but at a price.
Also check the level of components on the bike you fancy..my bike was listed £800 cheaper than the next model up (I got the entry-level model)..But I
binned the cheaper chainset, brakes etc, added decent seat + bars.. & for a fraction of that 800 I've got a bike that I can enjoy the rough trails on, & are well happy with.. Hope you find your ideal model soon.. :cheers: