BBQ/smoker woods

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
migrant
Addict
Addict

BBQ/smoker woods

Post by migrant »

Brought over a BBQ/smoker. I saw an ad a while back for smoking woods for sale in Hua Hun, but can't find now.

Anyone know where smoking wood can be found? I know Homepro carrys a small selection sometimes, but the ad I saw seemed to specialize in sale of these. :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Farang
Ace
Ace

Re: BBQ/smoker woods

Post by Farang »

Very good material to produce good foodstuff-intended smoke is coconut husk. I dare say it is hard to tell the end result from f.ex. alder chip smoked ones.
You might also experiment with corn husk.
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: BBQ/smoker woods

Post by migrant »

Farang wrote:Very good material to produce good foodstuff-intended smoke is coconut husk. I dare say it is hard to tell the end result from f.ex. alder chip smoked ones.
You might also experiment with corn husk.
Yes, tried coconut husk, very nice. Heard longan wood is also good, but don't have any trees :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.