Shipping methods

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Shipping methods

Post by migrant »

Will be getting a package shipped from the states. While I happily comply with my duty to pay import taxes, if the package should happen to come to me, and not customs, I assume the import tax gods have given me a pass.

Anyway, what shipping methods have some of you used that seemed to have less chance of customs?

I was told DSL and UPS rarely get checked, but this was a friend in Chiang Mai, not Prachuap.

Thanks as always!! :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
buksida

Re: Shipping methods

Post by buksida »

Have a look here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27314
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Thanks!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Looked through the link, but that seemed mainly container size. This will be a box, maybe 3-4 kilos max.
Running low on an essential item needed at the bars!
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

4kg can do by any registered post system and if you state it is used product I doubt any duty will be incurred.

I just received a 3kg package from Australia via Australia post, I had to sign on delivery, no fees.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

migrant wrote:Anyway, what shipping methods have some of you used that seemed to have less chance of customs?
It all goes through customs. Some pieces are not opened, some don't have duty assessed. Depends on the declaration document.

Most of the time I ship USPS Priority Mail International or, if I want it faster, Priority Mail Express International. Once in Thailand, delivery is handled by the EMS* agent, which is the Thai Post. Shipping that way, duty has been at or close to the published schedule (plus small tea money). The one time I used FedEx for a box, the duty percentage was well above the schedule.

BTW, letters sent USPS - EMS can take a month and sometimes leave Bangkok for another country before returning to Thailand. Letters sent FedEx arrive quickly.

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Express_m ... ooperative