Steam Cleaner For Home Cleaning

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Geko
Professional
Professional

Steam Cleaner For Home Cleaning

Post by Geko »

Hi all

Anyone know where I can buy a Steam Cleaner to be used for cleaning tiled floors in Hua Hin, I see them on Lazada etc. but not keen on using these types of sites. There are many stores in town selling units for steaming clothes but not floors.

Ideally looking for a Karcher
karcher.jpg
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Steam Cleaner For Home Cleaning

Post by Nereus »

I have an "Elvira" which cost about 10,000 Baht. Absolutely useless, steer well clear!
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

I have been using Lazada for years without any problem at all.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:agree:

Use the Cash on Delivery service, and it removes most of the risk.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Geko
Professional
Professional

Post by Geko »

Thanks guys hopefully just ordered the cleaner from Lazada, cash on delivery. just a couple of quick questions, do they contact you with a delivery time and date and can you change them times if required? There was several identical units for purchase buy huge differences in the price, is this normal? Suppose it maybe the cleaners on Lazada are from different suppliers.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

If I remember correctly larger items are delivered by Kerry Logistics and they do usually contact you by phone on the delivery day.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

The last item that I bought from Lazada I received an SMS in both Thai and English, which also stated that "tracking info in your email". And yes, Kerry Logistics called before hand and also delayed the delivery time at my request. That was in Bangkok, so may vary where you are.

Some of the other so called "service "companies could well do with taking note of how it should be done, including one of the biggest English companies that sell electrical equipment in Thailand. :guns:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The last 2 items I have purchased from Lazada have been entrusted to EMS, which is a retrograde step IMHO.

The first item sat in the container in Hua Hin for a few days, and eventually the tracking message changed to undelivered, to be returned to sender :? When this message is displayed, it can be collected from the lazy gits at the post office.

The latest item is still in the container:
ems.png
ems.png (40.43 KiB) Viewed 1801 times
I'm waiting for this to change to undelivered so that I can pick it up.

Nowhere near as good as the Kerry Logistics service.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

I have had the same problem whenever EMS is involved. I have refused to go to EMS and pick up parcels and have informed Lazada of this. My last 2 items were Kerry delivered C.O.D. Can't fault them.
Geko
Professional
Professional

Post by Geko »

Very impressed with Lazada and Kerry delivery COD service the cleaner came a day before the stated delivery date and informed by e-mail of the delivery status.