Replacement remote for old, no-name air con

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Replacement remote for old, no-name air con

Post by wpcoe »

I am in the process of selling a condo in Pattaya and of course one of the air con remotes decides now would be a good time to stop working. I went to the local Amorn store (basement of TukCom) and they did not have it in their somewhat large selection of remotes. I had it "fixed" at Amorn but several months later it's now even worse and can't control the unit at all. They said if I can provide the make/model of my air con they might be able to order it. I replaced the air cons in my condo about 12 years ago, and I went cheap and bought some generic units -- no name plate or specifications label on the unit. I've never seen an air con with out a sticker with the make/model, electrical and cooling specs, etc, but this one doesn't have one.

Is there any place in Hua Hin that sells air con remotes that I can try to match this one?
Big Boy

Re: Replacement remote for old, no-name air con

Post by Big Boy »

Per Mai Market - the Tuesday market on the Klong Road carries a huge selection of second hand remotes. Very good, very cheap.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Post by wpcoe »

Big Boy wrote:Per Mai Market - the Tuesday market on the Klong Road carries a huge selection of second hand remotes. Very good, very cheap.
Oh, good timing -- tomorrow's Tuesday!

I'm not familiar with Klong Road. That's the road where Immigrations used to be, isn't it? What intersection/cross street would the Per Mai Market be near? I don't have car or moto-sai, so will try to get as close as I can via public transit.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

It's basically where you turn off the Pala-U Road. Very busy market with excellent prices.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Post by wpcoe »

Big Boy wrote:It's basically where you turn off the Pala-U Road. Very busy market with excellent prices.
Okay, I think I found it on Google Earth: Pae Mai Market? About 1km walk from Petchkasem Rd via Soi 70, if there aren't moto-sai taxis there?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, that's about right - next to the golf driving range.

Points 48; Position 18
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Post by wpcoe »

Oh! It's a night market. Decided to Google it. Glad I didn't trek out there in the mid-day sun. LOL!