BB Guns in Hua Hin?

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

BB Guns in Hua Hin?

Post by Terry »

Does anyone know a seller of BB Guns locally, between Cha Am and Pranburi?
They used to sell them in Hua Hin but I've not seen any recently
Felipesed1
Professional
Professional

Re: BB Gun

Post by Felipesed1 »

Try the big market just North of Cha Am on Monday evenings.
There was a stall selling them last week.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Grand Hotel market Saturday.
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Terry, I assume you are talking of the ones that shoot 6mm plastic pellets? Most are not accurate (having bought one years ago to scare off pigeons). If 'real' bb gun (1.77 - 2.2 using lead pellets) you'll need a Thai to apply for a licence...
วินเชนท์
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

If 'real' bb gun (1.77 - 2.2 using lead pellets
Erm, think you mean .17 or .22 air rifle. And yes, they need a licence in Thailand.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

The Thai laws on firearm ownership, for foreigners, is very clear... NO. The most powerful gun a foreigner can own is a BB gun. For me that's perfectly ok.

Where the law doesn't make sense is that any foreigner may own a crossbow, without a license. Have you seen the power of some of the competition crossbows?? I guess they are a little harder to conceal on your person than a handgun but equally deadly at close range
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

"For foreigners, if you want to buy a gun, you must have a work permit in Thailand, you must have a house registration in Thailand, and you also need to have a check of your criminal record.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

I have often seen BB guns for sale at one of the stalls/shop upstairs at MV. I also asked the guy there about an air rifle. He replied that he never had any in stock, but could order one for me from Bangkok. When I mentioned about the need for a license, I got the expected reply: No problem Mr.

I don't want one, but was just checking.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
buksida

Post by buksida »

Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Re: BB Guns in Hua Hin?

Post by VincentD »

Hehe you're right Nereus. 0.177 or .22 Haven't used one in over forty years. They used to be legal back in the day in Singapore but not any more. Grew up with first a .22 Webley then a BSA.
วินเชนท์
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

The ones I've seen shoot the plastic "BBs". None are powerful like a pump up model or target model.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

I cannot find the Thai law reference, but as far as I recall the law states that any firearm with, or more than, 10 ft-lbs of muzzle energy, has to be licenced. A BB (ball bearing) gun falls into this category.(.177 & .22)

The gun that fires a plastic pellet is usually referred to as an "airsoft" gun, and has a much lower muzzle energy. But as with many other things here the Thais advertise the things using the muzzle velocity, which does not tell you the energy, or force, of the projectile. Just makes for a bigger number, so must be better! :rasta:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

I talked with a Thai friend that sells the guns that use the plastic .20 BBs. He said the guns that shoot the metal BBs are legal, but need to be registered in a Thai person's name.