Mossie Zapper

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
honkin
Novice
Novice

Mossie Zapper

Post by honkin »

howdy everyone

I did a search on the forum and only found info on the tennis racquet style zappers or oils etc, which is not what I want.

Any suggestions as to effective mosquito zappers, whether battery rechargeable or electric?

I am thinking of the ones with a light inside that actually zaps the little buggers. Being kind of a sicko, I like the sound of them dying. Any Aussies will know the term "how's the serenity?" from The Castle interspersed by the sound of the zapper killing them.

Can be portable I guess so we can have loungeroom at night and then bedroom later on

Just an indication of brands you've had success with and where to purchase in Hua Hin....Home Pro, Tesco etc

cheers in advance
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Re: Mossie Zapper

Post by Ginjaninja »

I think this has been covered in another thread somewhere...
The mosquitos are not attracted to the light unlike other insects. They smell the CO2 and body odour.
You should consider mosquito screens in your room. They work well.
:cheers:
GN.

Edit: Thread for mosquito screens
honkin
Novice
Novice

Post by honkin »

thanks, but I thought I was pretty specific in what I was after. I'm not really sure why you would reply if you had no information pertaining to my query. We have screens on the doors already so your reply is of absolutely no assistance.

Screens do not stop anything when one is accidentally left open by one of the kids or by just going in and out through external doors, as they are deadly quick.

The zappers I have seen in Australia do a brilliant job and wondered of people's experience of them here so I can get a decent one. If anyone has experience of them, I'd be pleased to hear from you

cheers
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

I have one of the following "Black Hole" zappers. Seems to work ok, but as I no longer sit outside I have not used it for awhile.

http://www.panscience.co.th/en/products ... ?BrandID=6

I bought mine at Home Pro some time ago.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
kirkyboy

Post by kirkyboy »

There is a shop on Soi 112 just past Banyan turn off on the right. I bought ceiling fans and they have them on display, I think around 4000 baht

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

honkin wrote:I did a search on the forum and only found info on the tennis racquet style zappers or oils etc, which is not what I want.
I am thinking of the ones with a light inside that actually zaps the little buggers.
Is this what you mean? If it is, I've bought them before in Tesco Lotus
mozzie zapper.jpg
mozzie zapper.jpg (6.96 KiB) Viewed 3772 times
kirkyboy

Post by kirkyboy »

The ones I saw are fair dinkum zappers they have in shops in Australia . In food shops etc.

StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

kirkyboy wrote:The ones I saw are fair dinkum zappers they have in shops in Australia . In food shops etc.

But they are for flies not mozzies.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
kirkyboy

Post by kirkyboy »

StevePIraq wrote:
kirkyboy wrote:The ones I saw are fair dinkum zappers they have in shops in Australia . In food shops etc.

They are mozzies... Sounds like you know everything. I was in the shop and looked at them , go and have a lookImageImage

eatuae

Post by eatuae »

I bought 2 from Lazada.co.th for about 800 each. They arrived after 3 days absolutely brill, 2 large purple tubes and an electric grill you could do toast on. Great fun at night watching all the flashes as it zaps bugs
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've just looked on Lazada, and there are loads - which particular one did you buy please?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

kirkyboy wrote:
StevePIraq wrote:

They are mozzies... Sounds like you know everything. I was in the shop and looked at them , go and have a lookImageImage

I meant the ones in food shops I Australia are for flies.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
eatuae

Post by eatuae »

Hi BB
It was the pest killer 2700V
Well worth the money
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

eatuae wrote:Hi BB
It was the pest killer 2700V
Well worth the money
Dies it seem to get the mosquitoes? Ones I have had do good on larger bugs but not mossies :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, that is always a problem. We already have a cheap version, which is great on normal bugs, but mossies generally seem to avoid it.

Jan to Apr is mini termite time, and it's currently zapping a lot of them. Here's a picture of ours (overdue a clean :oops: ) but if you can make the corpses out, you'll not see many mossies.
20170210_113954.jpg
20170210_113954.jpg (91.77 KiB) Viewed 3379 times
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18