Flexible toilet waste pan connectors

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
fft100
Professional
Professional

Flexible toilet waste pan connectors

Post by fft100 »

The toilet waste pipes in some bathrooms are slightly out of place. In Europe you can easily buy flexible waste pan connectors. This allows the toilet to be easily moved 15cm or so in all directions.

I asked in thaiwatsadu and a couple of builder friends but they didn't know where to get them here.

Anyone know where - or a contact to try ? Bkk is no problem.

Thanks
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Flexible toilet waste pan connectors

Post by Nereus »

fft100 wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 12:56 pm The toilet waste pipes in some bathrooms are slightly out of place. In Europe you can easily buy flexible waste pan connectors. This allows the toilet to be easily moved 15cm or so in all directions.

I asked in thaiwatsadu and a couple of builder friends but they didn't know where to get them here.
Anyone know where - or a contact to try ? Bkk is no problem. Thanks
15 cm? That's 6" in the old money. That is 5 cm or 2" bigger than the waste pipe. There is no way that you can move it that far. Home Pro(at least in Bangkok), have what is usually called a "doughnut". A rubber seal that the fits over the waste pipe(4" or 100mm / 10 cm) and then the pedestal sits over and seals on that, which allows for some small misalignment.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

Looking at the following, it has a length of between 170mm and 410mm (concertina effect).

http://www.screwfix.com/p/mcalpine-wc-f ... 07mm/71219

Even at an angle of 45 degrees, this would give a reach of over 200mm in all directions. At a lower angle (I think building regs say that the angle has to be at least 1 in 40), it would go further, but 15cm is all I am looking for.

Even where only a cm or 2 is needed to centre things, it seems to give far greater flexibility in positioning.

The website, and others have a lot of these types of flexible pipes.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Is it for a new build, or an existing installation? Those fittings shown on the website are for use with a new build where there may be some structural reason in the way. If it is an existing building they will only work if the pan has a rear discharge connection, as opposed to the common through the floor type.

To answer your question, no, I have not seen them in Thailand.
EXTEPIPECROPWEBSITE.jpg
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

This the normal "Thai way":
RX-DK-DIY260016_new-wax-gasket.jpg
RX-DK-DIY260016_new-wax-gasket.jpg (25.39 KiB) Viewed 2686 times