Sliding gate for driveway - suppliers?

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
caller
Hero
Hero

Sliding gate for driveway - suppliers?

Post by caller »

Manual or automatic - where can I find suppliers in Hua Hin?

Many thanks.
Talk is cheap
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Re: Sliding gate for driveway - suppliers?

Post by Pagey »

This guy supplies and fits the electric motors for gates so I guess he can supply gates also. Boy 086 529 8222. He can speak English.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

I used the guys at the traffic lights in Cha Am and found them very good.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Do you want stainless steel or wood?
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Nereus wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:06 pm Do you want stainless steel or wood?
Open to any suggestions! I inherited a gate that was already on the way out when I bought the house. At first I thought it was wood, but it's actually some sort of cement compound. Quite a few of the houses here have changed their gates, but most still have the original, as ours is, but many still look like new, others are at various stages of decay.

Thanks for the above info so far, will look into those.

This was actually planned to be the last job in the renovation, but I don't think this one can be put off!
Talk is cheap
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Sounds like what they call "conwood" here. Used as trim on houses and many other applications.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
eatuae

Post by eatuae »

I would seriously recommend Spencer's Property Service. I had a stainless steal and aluminium sliding gate made it is excellent and llight, not cheap but well worth it, great looks and far better thann conwood which falls apart. Spencer is English found at 0918710128, Eric set me
eatuae

Post by eatuae »

Sorry I missed say aluminium is called aluminium wood and really looks like the real thing
nic1
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nic1 »

I highly recommend Smart Alarm on soi 102, have used them for years , very good after service and knowledgeable.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

...."conwood which falls apart"...... Yes, I agree and not for use on anything that moves, has the potential of rubbing up against anything, or being impacted by something. What it is really is the tropical climate substitute for real wood given that if used stationary it will last years longer than wood, and doesn't look that bad used in applications like that. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

eatuae wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:11 pm I would seriously recommend Spencer's Property Service. I had a stainless steal and aluminium sliding gate made it is excellent and llight, not cheap but well worth it, great looks and far better thann conwood which falls apart. Spencer is English found at 0918710128, Eric set me
Spencer's done a load of work for me, he or his team will be here next week, but it never occurred to me to discuss a gate with him. On saying that, I want to look at my options first, but thanks for the heads up!
Talk is cheap
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

nic1 wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:19 pm I highly recommend Smart Alarm on soi 102, have used them for years , very good after service and knowledgeable.
Thanks for the tip, will look them up.
Talk is cheap
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

caller wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:38 pm
eatuae wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:11 pm I would seriously recommend Spencer's Property Service. I had a stainless steal and aluminium sliding gate made it is excellent and llight, not cheap but well worth it, great looks and far better thann conwood which falls apart. Spencer is English found at 0918710128, Eric set me
Spencer's done a load of work for me, he or his team will be here next week, but it never occurred to me to discuss a gate with him. On saying that, I want to look at my options first, but thanks for the heads up!
I've used Spencer for a few jobs now. He and his team are very reliable, come when they should, do a good job and don't charge the earth. He is especially helpful when you have an emergency that needs sorting out quickly. I'm not sure about gates but I'm sure he knows someone who can help so would be a good place to start.
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde