Is International Mail Taking a Long Time Getting to HH?

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
lomuamart

Re: Is International Mail Taking a Long Time Getting to HH?

Post by lomuamart »

I'd better keep the missus indoors then :shock:
Doesn't help with the Box though.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

LOL - I was going to suggest that, but thought it might offend :D
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Lomu. Re my letters handed over at the counter. Both from different UK banks but using postage paid GB with UK Mail and the other had Royal Mail . One letter was undated and the other 13July and I collected 31July. The worrying thing is that the dated letter was from the bank branch sending my card. As this was sent on 8 June I have cancelled and now have to go through a UK address.Both envelopes were undated and no other date stamp giving arrival in Thailand.
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Thanks for that, PET.
I'll try again tomorrow and ask inside if necessary. My Thai isn't that good but maybe I can scrape by.
Will report back.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

mail from overseas arrives at the airport, sits around then gets sent to the main Bangkok p.o. where it sits around, then gets sent to Hua Hin where it sits around until your post person sorts it into his/her bag and is delivered to you. sometimes I get a letter or parcel within 2 weeks of it being sent and sometimes it takes 30 days. in the days when you could walk into the sorting section of the new post you could see boxes all over the floor waiting to be sorted. they finally stopped people from going back there. loss of face I suppose. the old p.o. in town was worse. there were several rooms with boxes of mail and parcels spread out all over the floor and the employees would have to search to find anything.
another reason why Thailand is called a 3rd. world country.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

To finish this off from my immediate point of view, I picked up what I was waiting for this morning. It probably arrived yesterday as I didn't check then and today's delivery from BKK seemed to be sitting around outside the PO earlier.
So, that was 3 weeks to the day since it was sent. Also picked up other mail from the UK, two of which have post marks on them - 20th July and 28th. The last one hasn't been a been a bad delivery time. Hope it lasts!!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

As it happens, I had a letter delivered yesterday from the UK (ordinary mail) and the UK postmark was 27th July ---- 7 days. Can't complain about that and as Lomu says 'Hope it lasts'.