rough idea of electricity costs ?

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Re: rough idea of electricity costs ?

Post by MDMK »

Yes, exactly. And for what its worth if you are going to spend your holiday trying to save 500 Baht or so on electricity usage, then I politely suggest that you stay home.

eh excuse me Nereus, but where exactly did I say I was going to spend my holiday trying to save 500 baht on electricity? I am merely trying to get an idea if electricity is likely to cost me 100euros or 700 euros for a 3 week period. I have no idea what a pool pump is, and had no idea (until prcscct helpfully pointed out) that they can be run on timers. Now I know it is likely to be run on a timer I have one less issue to worry about.

On a side note, sticking the words "can I politely suggest" onto a an insult is very passive aggressive, lol. But hey, thanks for your suggestion that I just stay at home. Don't mind me though if I completely ignore it. :D
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

MDMK wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:16 pm Yes, exactly. And for what its worth if you are going to spend your holiday trying to save 500 Baht or so on electricity usage, then I politely suggest that you stay home.

eh excuse me Nereus, but where exactly did I say I was going to spend my holiday trying to save 500 baht on electricity? I am merely trying to get an idea if electricity is likely to cost me 100euros or 700 euros for a 3 week period. I have no idea what a pool pump is, and had no idea (until prcscct helpfully pointed out) that they can be run on timers. Now I know it is likely to be run on a timer I have one less issue to worry about.

On a side note, sticking the words "can I politely suggest" onto a an insult is very passive aggressive, lol. But hey, thanks for your suggestion that I just stay at home. Don't mind me though if I completely ignore it. :D
Please yourself about what you think! You have been given several answers that more than cover your question, and if you are that concerned about what it costs, then the best answer is to stay at home!

People, including me, are NOT paid to give you advice, they do it to try and help, and some of your posts come across as quite childish.

And on a side note: whether or not a pool pump is run on a timer, it is a big consumer of electricity.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Wow some holiday your coming on. You spend thousands on getting here and back home then you want to spend time monitoring your electricity consumption and tinkering with a pool control system.

One night out with meals and drinks will cost more than your pump usage. This isn't the Middle East where it is 40+ for gods sake.

Just come here and enjoy things, be sensible with AC usage when in the house and turn things off when you go out.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

run the air 24/7 and it will cost about 3000 bht for 3 weeks.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

MD and MK are a tag team with MD being the fairer of the pair. She is the one who initiated the thread with apparent excitement and anticipation about their upcoming holiday. It's a happy time for them and I think she/they have enough info now. Let us know MD after it's over what the bottom line was concerning electric. Enjoy your stay and get to the beach quickly to beat out those Germans! :lach: Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Post by MDMK »

StevePIraq wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:51 pm Wow some holiday your coming on. You spend thousands on getting here and back home then you want to spend time monitoring your electricity consumption and tinkering with a pool control system.
I have no idea where you got the idea I wanted to
a) monitor my electricity consumption or b) tinker with a pool control system

what I wanted (and thankfully have been supplied with) is a very rough idea what I could expect to pay for electricity, I didn't even know what a pool pump is or that they usually ran on timers.
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Post by MDMK »

prcscct wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:12 pm MD and MK are a tag team with MD being the fairer of the pair. She is the one who initiated the thread with apparent excitement and anticipation about their upcoming holiday. It's a happy time for them and I think she/they have enough info now. Let us know MD after it's over what the bottom line was concerning electric. Enjoy your stay and get to the beach quickly to beat out those Germans! :lach: Pete :cheers:
Thank you prcscct, absolutely I have all the info I need now and will book the more expensive of the 2 villas knowing that 300euros should cover me for electricity costs. A big thank you to you and the others who were helpful in their responses. :D I'm not one for lying on the beach, thank goodness because I have never mastered the art of beating the German's to the sunbeds :mrgreen:
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Post by MDMK »

Nereus wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:36 pm some of your posts come across as quite childish.
the words "pot" "kettle" and "black" spring to mind
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

I have a 3 bedroom house and 5 people living in the house. Air con on in 2 of the bedrooms 75% of every day/night. Washing machine runs 1-2 times a day. Jacuzzi set at 34 degrees centigrade, filtering twice a day 4 hours each time and sometimes heater comes on especially October to February at night. Dish washer running 2-3 times a week, and a niece which loves to bake cakes and muffins, so the oven is used at least 5 times a week for 1-2 hours. My PEA electricity bill runs anywhere from 5000-6000 baht every month.
YNWA
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Post by MDMK »

huahin4ever, that's a very helpful response, not just for our upcoming holiday, but the details you give are just the type of details we need for our bigger "retire to Hua Hin" plan. Many thanks :-)