Chicken wire

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
LolaBeltran
Professional
Professional

Chicken wire

Post by LolaBeltran »

We are in need of REAL chicken wire! We have tried to use what is available here. . .that black or green plastic stuff is like paper and totally useless. Cant think what people here actually use it for.

As well, the thin wire square mesh stuff so readily available everywhere ( Home pro has it ..also Watsadu) can be destroyed in seconds by even a small dog with an interest in doing so

The only other option we have seen is chain link fence..much too heavy for the task, expensive and hard to work with. Anyway, we would appreciate any leads on this. We have checked at least a half dozen stores here and in Tayang and not found it.

(I attempted to paste a picture of chicken wire here but couldnt do it.)
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Chicken wire

Post by Takiap »

I have seen chicken wire here before but I can't remember exactly where. What I can remember though is that it was really thin and flimsy, much the same as the mesh-type stuff you have mentioned.

What are you actually needing it for?

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

The plastic stuff is only to keep small animals in, not predators out. Or for garden purposes.
Galvanised chicken wire is rubbish, as you say.

If you can find an agricultural supplier you might be lucky, but I don't remember seeing any around here. Look for shiny tractors in a line. :)
LolaBeltran
Professional
Professional

Post by LolaBeltran »

Thanks to folks who replied to this thread! After a considerable search of eight or ten stores between Hua hin and Petburi we were able to locate something that will do quite nicely. It is a fairly heavy gauge galvanized & welded product with 1x 2 inch spacing. Four foot roll and just the right size. We kept getting directed to hardware stores with the cheap stuff . .which is useless.
Just want to caution you that if you are looking for the kind of fencing we were, dont buy that shiny, small gauge welded fencing ( 3/4 to 1 inch spacing) that you will see in every hardware store. "Lightweight" doesnt begin to describe it. You can pull it apart with your bare hands. Even worse, it rusts easily. The roll we bought (that I am now replacing ) is totally rusted through in parts after barely 4 months. Perhaps it would serve your indoor fencing needs. .but for outdoors, forget it.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Are you going to tell us where you finally found the good stuff?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
LolaBeltran
Professional
Professional

Post by LolaBeltran »

Sorry . .I wish I could. . .we wandered around Petburi for at least two hours checking places out and came across this place almost by accident. It is a fairly large local ( not Homepro or the big guys) hardware store not far from the river on the main temple side. Not even sure we could find it again! Just know that there is good stuff out there!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OK, no problem :thumb:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18