Blackout curtains and blinds

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Blackout curtains and blinds

Post by Gregjam »

The house I rent has lots of windows and light curtains that are not very effective. Just to make thing more awkward there are blinds in the same material of the type that fold up as they are raised by a continuous plastic chain mechanism using cord attached to the blind. The blind is attached to the frame by Velcro at the top. The curtains are quite large 210 cm drop and 270 cm width for the larger window so I guess would have to be custom cut.

Does anyone recognize this type of blind fitting and know where I might get some made up for bot blinds and curtains as perhaps the wife will sleep longer without the morning sunlight spurring her into action.
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Re: Blackout curtains and blinds

Post by J.J.B. »

Speak to Yao on 08 4729 1017, her team just cleaned our curtains and blinds as well as refitting some blackout material to the back of the type of 'Roman' blinds you describe, which are of similar size. Very good quality, price and responsiveness in addition to very good English.
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Re: Blackout curtains and blinds

Post by Gregjam »

Thanks for the info J.J.B. I have also been asking around the area and the guard who has been here since the compound was built has indicated the place that supplied the original build. Better to have two options with one recommended than only a single source.