CR2025 car keyfob batteries

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

CR2025 car keyfob batteries

Post by Gregjam »

I know there is a small stall in the lower level of Market Village where you can buy a sheet of about eight of these batteries for around 150 baht but as I don’t go there a lot am looking for another source. My wireless key seems to go through them quickly and I like to carry a spare as starting the truck is keyless. The small watch places would charge a similar price for one battery. I think that the problem is me keeping the fob in my pocket and am trying to use alternative stowage locations but knowledge of an alternative source would be useful.
Big Boy

Re: CR2025 car keyfob batteries

Post by Big Boy »

Try the 20 Baht shops - you'll find the 150 Baht strips for 20 Baht. That's where I get mine, and they work fine (not sure if they have CR2025 though).
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Keep it in your pocket in a snuff tin, or similar? (I wish you could buy snuff in HH, I didn't have any for a loooong time). :)
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Lazada has them COD 98 Baht or the small electrical shop next to All in Hua Hin has them also.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

The small stall in the basement of market village next to the escalator to the food court should have them. Recently purchased 'Panasonic' brand button cells for our car remotes there I think from memory they were around 40 baht been in use now for 3 months no problems.
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Bit more expensive: 7-11.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:37 am Try the 20 Baht shops - you'll find the 150 Baht strips for 20 Baht. That's where I get mine, and they work fine (not sure if they have CR2025 though).
Mine is a Ford Ranger key fob, but no idea of the battery number.

Points 41; Position 18
deepee
Guru
Guru

Post by deepee »

when I was working with Citizen watches they tested out many brands of these batteries. Maxell were the top performers.
hardly any of the Chinese ones passed the 3 volt test, let alone the under load tests. Seizaiken came up well and are usually sold off at a lower price point and tend to be more available.
BTW the reference 2025 refers to the batteries dimensions 20 being 20mm diameter ,25 being 2.5mm thickness.
so if you get caught out a thinner 2016 battery would help you out , but have less long turn capacity.
Complexity is so simply overrated
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Next great idea for a young inventor is a small rechargeable key fob battery. When driving you can plug the fob into the cigarette lighter or the USB port just like you do with a phone. Probably no need to buy a new battery for the life of the vehicle. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Peroni
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Peroni »

A CR2025 is a very standard battery for desk top computers along with CR2032, they keep the clock functioning when the PC is powered down, they are found on the motherboard. You should be able to get a quality battery from any PC repairer or accessory shop, rather than a cheap generic in bargain shops.

PeteC, BMW already have this feature of charging the key fob while inserted into the dash. My son's BMW 320D has it, upon entering the car the fob is placed in a slot in the dash, a start/stop button is then used to activate the engine and while you drive the fob is re charge.

John :cheers:
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

There's a little shop as you get to the escalator in the basement of Market Village...sells lecky stuff from hair-tongs to led lights..he has them at around 60b each (also has the bigger power ones..3032)
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Peroni wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:17 pm You should be able to get a quality battery from any PC repairer or accessory shop, rather than a cheap generic in bargain shops.
OK, I'm probably a cheapskate, but why would you bother? My cheapies last at least 2 years, and when power starts to drop, it takes seconds to put another in. :?

Points 41; Position 18
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

My car is so old that I still have a key to both unlock the car, as well as start it, should the battery in the remote give up the ghost.
On a side note, both my wife and my son have these 'keyless entry' remotes (that actually have a 'hidden' key in the remote itself). But.. Should the battery actually die, don't panic. Place the keyfob right next to the 'Start/stop button, there is enough range to detect the transponder built into the keyfob, and press the button to start the car. Have tested this with no battery, and it works. FYI.
วินเชนท์
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

Thanks for the help everyone. Will definitely try the 20 baht shops and I did not know that the fob will work when close to the button without a battery in it.