Torx driver

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Torx driver

Post by Bluesky »

Working on a small project at the moment and am looking for a business in Hua Hin that would sell the small size "Torx" driver/bits. The size I am looking for will be most likely a T4 + or - 1. Already done the rounds of Homepro/Global without success
I can get them in Bangkok however Mr B is desperate to get her coffee machine working. (We Just managed to get a supply of coffee pads for the machine from Europe and as with all matters relating to Murphy's law, the coffee machine died on the day they arrived!)
torx chart.PNG
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Re: Torx driver

Post by Pagey »

The small sets in a round plastic capsule contain them Can be bought cheap in shopping mall or 20 Baht shops. Mine has T3,4,5,6,7,8,10,15.
I live off Soi 94 if you want to borrow them to fix your project.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

If that description wasn't very good I mean one of these sets :

http://www.lazada.co.th/31-in-1-30-4827 ... 1511757116
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Better tell "Mr. B" to check again! :rasta:

Are you sure about the size? T4 or even T5 is a VERY small screw. I have a set that is part of multi tool screw driver that I picked up in BigC, but not in Hua Hin. The smallest one is T10.

Not been there for some time, but the old small hardware shop on Pala-u Road a few shops up from the small Tesco shop on the North side has all sorts of odd tools. It is joined to a big building supply shop, but not part of the same business.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

Nereus wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:36 am Better tell "Mr. B" to check again! :rasta:

Are you sure about the size? T4 or even T5 is a VERY small screw. I have a set that is part of multi tool screw driver that I picked up in BigC, but not in Hua Hin. The smallest one is T10.

Not been there for some time, but the old small hardware shop on Pala-u Road a few shops up from the small Tesco shop on the North side has all sorts of odd tools. It is joined to a big building supply shop, but not part of the same business.
Thanks Nereus. Yes it is quite tiny, put the 'el cheapo' calipers across the points this morning. I have from T6 upwards. Mrs B in her usual form wants everything done yesterday and 100% right, (very un-Thai!) You'll be stuck with instant coffee if you head around and I don't get it fixed! :laugh:

Thanks also Pagey and Robcar. Will head out this arvo and see if I can locate one locally, if I don't do any good I will give you a PM if necessary.
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

I got a set of small Torx bits from T4 upwards at the hardware shop on Soi 88. The kit was quite dusty so I’m not sure they are regularly stocked and also about 300 THB, which I thought was steep. They may have another set or something similar.
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

Managed to source a small kit from the 20 baht shop on soi 94 (see RHS pic) It contained T3 and T5 but no T4 :( cost 20 baht. Went to the computer area above shopping mall and managed to get a Kit with T4 in it :) (see pic LHS) cost 150 baht. Not the best quality but will do the job. Thanks for replies.
rsz_1rsz_img_0897.jpg
rsz_1rsz_img_0897.jpg (67.64 KiB) Viewed 412 times