Shoe Repairs in Hua Hin

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Big Boy

Re: Shoe Repairs

Post by Big Boy »

OK, I've seen one, but have no idea if he's any good. Doesn't look up to much at first sight, but that means nothing in Thailand.

Go up Soi 88 from Petchkasem Road, and turn left immediately before going over the crossing. He's about 30 yards along that road on the left. You'll see a table with old shoes on it.

This is NOT a recommendation, just somebody I've noticed that mends shoes. If you try him, please let us know what you think.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

sarnie wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:55 pm Walked along there yesterday couldn’t find him. How long ago have you used this one
Cheers
Come out of the railway station and turning left walk to 100mts before the level crossing ie past the night market. There is a shop on the left which repairs all sorts of things leather etc.
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
sarnie

Post by sarnie »

No luck with any of these suggestion seems like they’ve all closed but
Thanks anyway
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Sorry just seen your reply. it is probably too late now but the place I mentioned near to the level crossing has been and is still open!
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
crab
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Shoe Repairs in Hua Hin ?

Post by crab »

There's a small stand called Dr. Shoes by the railway line at Soi 88. Go up Soi 88 from Phetkasem and turn left immediately before rail crossing. Dr. Shoes is about 30 metres along on the left in the second group of shops. Cheap, adequate, not always open.
crab
Amateur
Amateur

Post by crab »

PET wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:55 am Sorry just seen your reply. it is probably too late now but the place I mentioned near to the level crossing has been and is still open!
I can confirm this. It's called Dr. Shoes.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

crab wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:44 pm
PET wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:55 am Sorry just seen your reply. it is probably too late now but the place I mentioned near to the level crossing has been and is still open!
Sorry CRAB you are confusing this matter. Just refer to my original post.
This Shoe Repairer and repairer of many leather products and zips etc is on Riab Tang Fai road which runs outside the HH railway station. Come out of the station and turn left towards Soi70 Chomsin Road. Before you get to the new round-a-bout ( say 500mts from the station) the shop is about the last one on the left hand side. he has been there for very many years and is still there.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

PET wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:05 pm
This Shoe Repairer and repairer of many leather products and zips etc is on Riab Tang Fai road which runs outside the HH railway station. Come out of the station and turn left towards Soi70 Chomsin Road. Before you get to the new round-a-bout ( say 500mts from the station) the shop is about the last one on the left hand side. he has been there for very many years and is still there.
PET do you think he'd be able to do a good job on my wife's treasured old Burberry purse (not handbag). it's not coming unstitched, just won't stay zipped any more. She'd hate to have a botched job. I guess it needs replacing, but all I know about zips is how to undo them!
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

404 - He is very good and has repaired with stitching shoes and new rubber soles etc. He does golf bags too, and zips for clothes.
The business looks rather run down but is actually full of outstanding jobs. I honestly believe he has a small 'gold mine' going, and all family members. Back to your purse I think take it to him and show the problem. I do not think he speaks much English, although very many Farangs' go to him. If you take somebody who speaks Thai so much the better. Good luck
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

He has replaced zips in handbags for Mrs BB.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
crab
Amateur
Amateur

Post by crab »

PET wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:05 pm
Sorry for the confusion. In that case there are still two active shoe repair places by the railway line. Good.
trevorcasto
Rookie
Rookie

Post by trevorcasto »

It seems to me that you have a shop near of the Basement of Robinson's, Sukhumvit, directly opposite the rear exit of Top's supermarket
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

trevorcasto wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:34 am It seems to me that you have a shop near of the Basement of Robinson's, Sukhumvit, directly opposite the rear exit of Top's supermarket
I'm afraid you've lost me there. We're talking about shoe repairs in Hua Hin. There's no Robinson's / Tops market in Hua Hin. There is in Petchaburi but the only Sukhumvit that I (or any of the Thais I've asked) know of, is the road that goes from Bangkok to Pattaya.
trevorcasto
Rookie
Rookie

Post by trevorcasto »

Hello,
Oh yes it's true you're right, sorry for this clumsiness
Did you manage to find a shop ?
Hahuahin
Professional
Professional

Re: Shoe Repairs in Hua Hin ?

Post by Hahuahin »

FadingToGrey wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:16 pm Bought some Camel shoes for walking...after two short holidays the sole on one is completely coming apart from the shoe...looking to fix it locally...any leads to local repair much appreciated.
Do you ever found any shoe repair shop in Hua Hin? I found Dr. shoes today following the directions in previous posts here but I don't know if he do a good job and are somewhat excited to see the result.

hahuahin :)