Where to buy 12 Volt Garden Lights in Thailand

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Where to buy 12 Volt Garden Lights in Thailand

Post by SunandFun »

I cannot find 12 Volt outdoor garden lights. I have checked Home Pro, Boonthavorn, etc. But only 220 Volt outdoor lights. Dangerous and uses much more electricity. I don't mind getting from Bangkok, etc. I found on line but I have to buy 500 of them @ AliBaba! Other websites did not have the selection of mushroom lights. Thanks
I wouldn't have to manage my anger if people could learn to mange their stupidity!
Peroni
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Where to buy 12 Volt Garden Lights in Thailand

Post by Peroni »

If you don't mind buying out of China I suggest that you look at https://www.aliexpress.com. This is the retail shopping section of AliBaba, sellers sell by individual items.

John :cheers:
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

SunandFun wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:44 am I cannot find 12 Volt outdoor garden lights. I have checked Home Pro, Boonthavorn, etc. But only 220 Volt outdoor lights. Dangerous and uses much more electricity. I don't mind getting from Bangkok, etc. I found on line but I have to buy 500 of them @ AliBaba! Other websites did not have the selection of mushroom lights. Thanks
You may find something on lazada

https://www.lazada.co.th/shop-led-lighting/

or alternatively order though Ebay Australia or similar if you have no luck locally.

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_nkw ... den+lights
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Go to an auto accessories shop. I have used strip LED lighting (12V) for many projects. Most of these strip lights are already weatherproof and you can cut and join but may need some basic soldering skills. I, like you, do not like some of the stuff the locals do (like those 220V christmas tree lights they put on some spirit houses) and typically use either solar or these 12V strips. Get heatshrink tubing as well, helps with the weatherproofing. The locals call it, 'tor hot'.
วินเชนท์
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

SunandFun wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:44 am I cannot find 12 Volt outdoor garden lights. I have checked Home Pro, Boonthavorn, etc. But only 220 Volt outdoor lights. Dangerous and uses much more electricity.
It's correct that 220 Volt systems can be dangerous if not installed correctly. I don't think you're correct when you say that 220 Volt installations use more electricity.

There are primarily two factors that determine the power consumption, the technology in the "light bulbs" and how much light you want. Old traditional light bulbs produce mostly heat and a rather small amount of light. With modern LED it's the other way around.

I would say that with everything else being equal, 12 Volt systems consume more power because you have a transformer with an efficiency of less than 100 percent. Some power will be lost as heat in the transformer.