Questions on surf fishing gear rental and opening bank account on a tourist visa

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
DaQue
Novice
Novice

Questions on surf fishing gear rental and opening bank account on a tourist visa

Post by DaQue »

Hello all. I’m in the early stage of planning a May 2019 trip to Hua Hin/ Cha Am. I’ve never step foot in an ocean before so I looking forward to that and my first international travel trip too. Are there any places that rent surf fishing gear? I’ve always wanted to try that. I know there are some fresh water lakes you can book for 25£ and up but I’m not sure I want to spend that much for one activity.

My second question are there any tourist friendly banks around there that are let you open an account on a tourist visa. I thought using a local account and TransferWise would be a good way if managing my funds cars carring arroyos 2 weeks of pocket money. A Bangkok Bank branch would be my first option because they seem to have a lot of ATMs.

If I enjoy the area half as much as I think I will I may well retire there in 2022. Thank you all for any answers/comments
buksida

Re: 2 ?s surf fishing gear rental and opening bank account on a tourist visa

Post by buksida »

Welcome to the forum, you may want to ask specific questions in separate posts.

There are plenty of topics on opening bank accounts in this section: viewforum.php?f=9
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
DaQue
Novice
Novice

Post by DaQue »

Thanks. I will consider that closed closed then. I envy you guys over there. All the best and thank you sir.
aragon
Professional
Professional

Post by aragon »

DaQue wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:58 am Thanks. I will consider that closed closed then. I envy you guys over there. All the best and thank you sir.
You shouldn't envy anything, until you've tried it for yourself to see if it suits. That green grass on the other side, can often turn out to be quite illusory in the cold light of day. :-|
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......