IHERB delivery

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
jungle

IHERB delivery

Post by jungle »

Hi , anyone use IHERB out of the states and is so have you had problems lately with delivery.
The last 2 orders were both delivered to Thaipost in Lak Si Bangkok by DHL. and then to be forwarded by Thai post. Neither have been received. Trying to email and phone thai post is pointless.
Looks like IHERB is no longer a option for buying vitamins etc.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Re: IHERB delivery

Post by 404cameljockey »

Thank for the advice.

When I saw the word herb I admit I was thinking it wasn't vitamins you were buying. :)
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

I've been using iherb for over 4 yrs. Recently they've changed from FedEx to DHL and the deliveries take about 2 to 3 weeks longer. I've only had 1 package not delivered and iherb refunded my money. DHL tracking is useless until the package arrives in Thailand. Then they post the date of arrival. You can figure about a week more until you receive the package. iherb seems to be the only choice, I've not found any other company who will ship to Thailand. Bottom line, if after the last delivery date stated by iherb, you haven't received your package, email iherb and you'll get a refund. You certainly can't get most of the products here and as you probably know the local prices are ridiculous. Blackmore's, out of Australia, are junk and not worth the price.
jungle

Post by jungle »

Also been with IHERB many years both in Singapore and Korea never any problems. It was also ok here until around Christmas time the 1st package was not delivered. I put that down to the amount of xmas post and IHERB refunded. Same again this time package not received. they send it DHL to Bangkok then thai post from there. It looks like it goes to customs first so any guess what they will do with it.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

I get items sent via US post office with tracking. Usually the tracking is very good although the delivered status is usually early. Last 2 it said delivered but nothing after 3 days. We went to the post office and they said delivered to customs..... Went to customs to get them, know the people there fairly well now....
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

migrant wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:07 pm I get items sent via US post office with tracking. Usually the tracking is very good although the delivered status is usually early. Last 2 it said delivered but nothing after 3 days. We went to the post office and they said delivered to customs..... Went to customs to get them, know the people there fairly well now....
Are you saying that iherb products are sent via USP? I haven't seen that option. One advantage of buying through iherb is that many times during the year, if you spend, I think, 1257 bht with one order there's no shipping charge.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

handdrummer wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:31 am
migrant wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:07 pm I get items sent via US post office with tracking. Usually the tracking is very good although the delivered status is usually early. Last 2 it said delivered but nothing after 3 days. We went to the post office and they said delivered to customs..... Went to customs to get them, know the people there fairly well now....
Are you saying that iherb products are sent via USP? I haven't seen that option. One advantage of buying through iherb is that many times during the year, if you spend, I think, 1257 bht with one order there's no shipping charge.
Sorry, no not IHerbs, I should have said that! I had just wanted to comment when items disappear they may be at customs. I wish IHerbs sold cigars!!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Have used iHerb in Singapore but have been reluctant to try them here as some new ruling regarding import of supplements has been implemented. Tried ordering something containing cordyceps from a different company and both times they would not go through customs, even though it was handled by DHL. The person I spoke to says some rulings have changed and it is not as easy as it was before. Think it was around the Nov-Dec period last year.
Was considering re-ordering in Singapore next time I'll be there for a few days..
วินเชนท์
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

VincentD wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:18 am Have used iHerb in Singapore but have been reluctant to try them here as some new ruling regarding import of supplements has been implemented. Tried ordering something containing cordyceps from a different company and both times they would not go through customs, even though it was handled by DHL. The person I spoke to says some rulings have changed and it is not as easy as it was before. Think it was around the Nov-Dec period last year.
Was considering re-ordering in Singapore next time I'll be there for a few days..
You may be able to get cordyceps at Boots or the Chinese Herbalist on Petchasem Rd. near soi 70.
Ericg
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Ericg »

I’ve used iherb a lot and never any issues with delivery. I think I’m one of the lucky ones
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

DHL is terrible here. Don't know about BKK, but every one of their deliveries has ended up at customs, or delivered by ThaiPost, in both Udon Thani, and PKK municipality. I'll no longer order anything they are suppose to deliver.
wewin13
Novice
Novice

Post by wewin13 »

handdrummer wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:38 pm Recently they've changed from FedEx to DHL and the deliveries take about 2 to 3 weeks longer.
Thought I was the only one but this makes more sense. Thanks for the update. Will test a new brand (Pharma Nord) then coming days. Hopefully with a much faster delivery time.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

wewin13 wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 2:43 pm
handdrummer wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:38 pm Recently they've changed from FedEx to DHL and the deliveries take about 2 to 3 weeks longer.
Thought I was the only one but this makes more sense. Thanks for the update. Will test a new brand (Pharma Nord) then coming days. Hopefully with a much faster delivery time.
Delivery time is variable. My most recent package took 19 days. On the other hand it took 1 month for a postcard from Korea to reach me. Nothing in Thailand functions.
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Slightly off topic, as this has to do with delivery in general..
My son ordered a vinyl record from the UK, normally takes about two weeks. The thing arrived day before yesterday, after a wait of 3 months. The post office dropped off a 'please pick up parcel at Post Office' notice, stating there was tax due. Has not happened in the last five deliveries, so some head-scratching went on.
Anyway...
Got to Post Office, had to pay over 500 baht for a stated value of over 2.000 baht. Apparently the Customs and Excise Department is beginning to flex some muscles and is applying a tax on anything that comes in the post with a value of 1,500 baht. If you argue, they keep said item for another month or so. He paid.
Post Office has said, 'not our fault, it's the C&E who are causing the backlog and imposing the tax.'

Looks like a blanket application, forewarned is forearmed..
วินเชนท์
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

Sorry but here's another off topic post. I'm waiting for a standard letter posted in UK on 30th April, exactly a month ago. They normally take between 2 and 3 weeks but this is the first 4 week wait.