shade sails (where to buy?)

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
PET
Legend
Legend

Re: shade sails (where to buy?)

Post by PET »

Your glass would seem to be half empty, I prefer mine to be half full - and it has been good to think like that in my experience .
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

404cameljockey wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:32 am As I said, no idea how this will play out with the sail/awning company, only time tells. Reputations rest on work previously done.
Hua Hun Awnings aren't cheap (in my view) and I have yet to use them, although I have quotes from them. but farang neighbours have and their work seemed pretty good to me and they are very happy with what they have.

I believe they are a wholly Thai owned company but have English speaking staff and clearly have experience with farangs as customers.
Talk is cheap
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

PET wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:53 am Your glass would seem to be half empty, I prefer mine to be half full - and it has been good to think like that in my experience .
And I'd say say 'eyes wide open rather than eyes half shut'. It has been good to think like that in my experience. :D

My lawn which was supposed to be priced for pure high quality lawn turf has bedded in and grown out now, and exhibits at least 4 different types of grass. I wonder which meadow it was cut from. The Thais didn't even come back to claim their final 25 percent payment (I don't pay 100 percent up front for anything). Pretty obviously they knew I would be after them.

I would of course look at a Thai owned company like Hua Hin Awning, but would check closely into recommendations from previous purchasers before signing up, and get a written spec from them of materials before work commenced (grade of steel cable, weight of canvas and actual manufacturer, weatherproofing treatment of all items, etc.). A sail that starts to fade or requires hard cleaning after just a year is no investment.