Personal Effects / Customs

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

Personal Effects / Customs

Post by Thailightzone »

I have 3 boxes of personal effects being shipped airfreight via Pack & Send to a residential address Cha-Am from Australia. If they are held for customs tax where would the boxes be held? Post Office?

Cheers
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Personal Effects / Customs

Post by HHTel »

In many cases the courier will pay the duty and will release the goods to you or your delivery address once you have reimbursed them (the courier). Don't know the 'Pack and Send' policy on this.
Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

Re: RE: Re: Personal Effects / Customs

Post by Thailightzone »

HHTel wrote:In many cases the courier will pay the duty and will release the goods to you or your delivery address once you have reimbursed them (the courier). Don't know the 'Pack and Send' policy on this.
Thanks HHTel Image
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Aussie69 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:14 pm I have 3 boxes of personal effects being shipped airfreight via Pack & Send to a residential address Cha-Am from Australia. If they are held for customs tax where would the boxes be held? Post Office?

Cheers
Surely those doing the shipping with have the answer?
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

Aussie69 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:14 pm I have 3 boxes of personal effects being shipped airfreight via Pack & Send to a residential address Cha-Am from Australia. If they are held for customs tax where would the boxes be held? Post Office?

Cheers
You can find some details on the link below. See the section entitled, 'Importing Postal Items.'

http://en.customs.go.th/content.php?ini ... _151007_04
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Aussie69 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:14 pm I have 3 boxes of personal effects being shipped airfreight via Pack & Send to a residential address Cha-Am from Australia. If they are held for customs tax where would the boxes be held? Post Office? Cheers
Did Pack & Send tell you the packages would be going by Australia Post to Thailand? Did they not provide you with a tracking number?

I have never used that company, just Australia Post for small items, which if duty is required, can be paid at my local Post Office, after they send a notice as mentioned above.

But most shipping companies will use a local agent in the country of destination, not the Postal Service. If the local agent intends to forward via the local postal system, then they will have to pay any duty before the items are released from Customs. In which case they will want you to pay up front.

If the consignment has been sent by Austalia Post, then there could be a problem just where Thailand Post will send it, and where the tax, if any, has to be paid. I think that you need to provide more information.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
egiljohann
Amateur
Amateur

Post by egiljohann »

:roll: I ordered a guitar from China and it should be delivered in Hua Hin by Thailand Post. Well, it never showed up and after some visits to the two Hua Hin postoffices I was told it was situated in Prachuap at the custom office. I did'nt know they had customs there, but yes, there is one tucked away far from the center. I called them and asked if it could be sent to Hua Hin with a bill of the amount, but nope! I had to go to Prachuap and collect the guitar myself. I had to pay import tax because this was an electric item! So now I know in Thailand an el-guitar are same as a hairdryer or a micro-oven! Well, I payed my tax and my guitar was in one piece after a long journey, but I had to to drive a round trip to Prachuap to get it. By the way, I'm happy they did'nt keep it in the Bangkok customs, because it's no way they could send it to my address in Hua Hin. :roll:
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

I've had stuff for me shipped to my inlaws in Cha Am, from the states, that was held in Bangkok customs. I've also had items shipped to me in Bang Saphan held in Prachuap.

While in Prachuap I saw many Hua Hin addresses on packages so not sure the reason for Prachuap vs BKK.

In all cases have had good experience with both customs people.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Thailightzone »

I haven't shipped the items yet. On my initial visit to pack & send the service agent was new, so he couldn't tell me. I just thought I would ask this group for as many may have had personal experience.

Thanks for the replies.