where to buy sewing machine accessories (needles etc)

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
MDMK
Ace
Ace

where to buy sewing machine accessories (needles etc)

Post by MDMK »

does anyone know anywhere in Hua Hin (or surrounding areas) where I can buy sewing machine stuff ?

machine needles and threads mainly as they are the biggest money saver for me, the damn things cost a small fortune here

If stuck I can get them in Bangkok, but the shop I have used in the past in BKK is in a suburb and it takes half a day by the time I get a taxi there, buy what I need and get back. So even if it's more expensive in Hua Hin I don't mind as I will save a good few hundred baht on taxi fares and save loads of time and faffing around.

(will have a hire car in Hua Hin but won't have one in BKK)
Big Boy

Re: where to buy sewing machine accessories (needles etc)

Post by Big Boy »

Lazada is pretty good, but there is the Singer shop on Petchkasem Rd near Soi 64.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Post by MDMK »

Thanks! I will try the one on PKR near soi 64. Lazada is probably a non-starter, what with having no "own" address and only foreign credit cards.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Lazada will take payment COD or over the counter (7-11). I've never tried it, but I've heard they have centres where you can collect from.

You'll certainly get your needles near Soi 64. but not sure what the 'etc' is :D
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Post by MDMK »

ohhhhhh, that's interesting re Lazada ..... very interesting, I think I'll go have a browse now.

the etc .... no one knows what the etc could be. The etc is the magical mysterious part of any shopping trip. It could be a pair of scissors, it could be a tin of pins or a measuring tape.... or one time in Bangkok it was an overlock machine. Since I am hoping not to divorce in Hua Hin, I had maybe better tone it down on the size, weight and price of any etcs I buy. :D