Places to meet forum members and others

Hook up with friends, arrange meetings, outings and visa trips here.
pjoz15
Rookie
Rookie

Places to meet forum members and others

Post by pjoz15 »

Hi everybody

I'm arriving In HH next Thursday and would appreciate any feedback anyone has about places to meet some of the local expats.
I've been to Hua Hin before but this time I am staying for a few weeks and enrolling at at language school to further my Thai skills hopefully.
I like a social ale at the end of the day so any bars or regular weekly events that anyone can recommend would be great.
I am 54 years old, from Oz (born in NZ) and I'm staying near the police station initially until I work out a longer term place to stay but I will still be trying to stay central to be near the school I'm attending so anywhere within walking or short tuktuk distance will be fine.
Thanks all.
JAGfx

Re: Places to meet forum members and others

Post by JAGfx »

I'll give my 2 cents worth after living there for 3 months so far. You may like to try the Urban Fuzion bar opposite the Police Station as it has a few expats hang out there to watch the NRL, Super Rugby, AFL and Soccer. That is normally my go to place, but currently in Vietnam until 7th May. Also El Murphys in the centre of town is not a bad place to watch sport and catch up with other expats, especially if you like an air conditioned bar. I'm sure there are plenty of other places around, especially in the area you are living in, and I'm sure others can give you the heads up here. Cheers and enjoy...
pjoz15
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Places to meet forum members and others

Post by pjoz15 »

Thanks JAGfx, I think I know the place opposite the Police Station so maybe I'll see you there.
I dont mind having to head down to the sois on the way down to Market Village either so I'm sure I'll sniff out a few options.
I seem to remember that there are some regular trivia nights that were mentioned here so if any are coming up it would be great to know where and when.
Thanks again.