Americans in HH?

Hook up with friends, arrange meetings, outings and visa trips here.
RCer
Ace
Ace

Americans in HH?

Post by RCer »

Wondering if there are Americans in HH. I'm moving from Phetchabun on the 13th. Haven't spoken "American" in 4 months. Lol
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: Americans in HH?

Post by hhfarang »

RCer wrote:Wondering if there are Americans in HH. I'm moving from Phetchabun on the 13th. Haven't spoken "American" in 4 months. Lol
There's a few, but not a lot; or at least that was the situation a little over a year ago when I left. I was there ten years and several Americans came and went during that time. There are a few, mostly retired former military Viet Nam era vets that have been there a long time and will probably be there until the end.

There used to be regular gatherings of two different groups on a fairly regular basis but the two spots (a restaurant and a bar) where they gathered are both closed now so not sure where you would go to find them.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

Post by Ratsima »

RCer wrote:Haven't spoken "American" in 4 months. Lol
Perhaps that's a blessing in disguise. And, yes, I'm an American.
Kray63
Novice
Novice

Post by Kray63 »

..Yes I am :) There are a few here ...No Problem ..Hua Hin is OK ..you will have fun here :cheers:
SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Post by SunandFun »

I am born American, but probably will never go back to live there. Will be full time in Hua Hin later this year. Here now until July 18. I left Washington, DC but was born in Morehead, NC. So if you start talking really slow, so will I. HaHa! Would be helpful to know where you plan to live as Hua Hin is not so small any more. I am currently in Khao Takiab now but plan to shift to a house in the Palm Hills area when I return.

:cheers:
I wouldn't have to manage my anger if people could learn to mange their stupidity!
layalshafee
Rookie
Rookie

Post by layalshafee »

I am an American in Hua Hin.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

layalshafee wrote:I am an American in Hua Hin.
me too, but I tend to be quiet about it
Fruitbat77
Novice
Novice

Post by Fruitbat77 »

Yep i wouldnt advertise being a yank either
But if you want to meet other Yanks for a beer
Then check out these two bars - Pats Place and The Mucky Duck both these bars are in Soi Charoen Pattana 2 which is inbetween Soi 88 and Soi 94.
T.I.G.R.
Guru
Guru

Post by T.I.G.R. »

Don't forget Cha Am.....been in HH and Cha Am for about ten years......RCr are you a golfer? I've been looking for someone who speaks American for years. Is the RC cars or planes?
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

T.I.G.R. wrote:Don't forget Cha Am.....been in HH and Cha Am for about ten years......RCr are you a golfer? I've been looking for someone who speaks American for years. Is the RC cars or planes?
Howdy,

When it comes to golf, most would call me a duffer. Haven't played since 2011 but am game to give it a try if I can find some rental clubs.

Currently my RCing is limited to a plane. I'm just getting into the hobby. My gf wants to try a helicopter. The RC Hobby Shop near Big C in HH has both cars and planes.

I'll be back in HH around the 7th. We're in Phetchabun right now. Having a friend in the area with common interests would be awesome.
T.I.G.R.
Guru
Guru

Post by T.I.G.R. »

Used to do some RC car racing in Ca. but it was getting very expensive and golf won out.....pretty much all I'm interested in now.

I could fix you up with golf clubs if you ever want to give it a shot.....but nice in any case to meet a fellow American.

Give me a shout when you get here.
stretch
Professional
Professional

Post by stretch »

what language is american :cheers:
T.I.G.R.
Guru
Guru

Post by T.I.G.R. »

Depends on where in America you are......
stretch
Professional
Professional

Post by stretch »

yes I know such a difference east coast to west coast north and south like in England such diverse accents
T.I.G.R.
Guru
Guru

Post by T.I.G.R. »

That's why my Thai wife calls it the Salad Bowl of the world!