trial radio show

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
sandman67
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sandman67 »

Buksi

accepted mate.....so lets just concentrate on an online feed...

OK....Im fully with this idea and will do owt I can to support it...mate I have a clunker computer ( tower format) y can use for the dedicated PC if y need it.....

daft stuff......

so how do we do fone ins? Esp with Sarge who could talk three legs off a Donkey? :D :D :D

PM me and lets get this up and running

:cheers:
"Science flew men to the moon. Religion flew men into buildings."

"To sin by silence makes cowards of men."
sandman67
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sandman67 »

comments accepted Buksi.....

I will offer all help I can, including a spare but clunker tower PC that y can use as a base.....

can I volunteer and be a newsreader/Barry Norman film reviewer?

"Science flew men to the moon. Religion flew men into buildings."

"To sin by silence makes cowards of men."
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

News annoucments and topical thoughts form Thailand, and how about a phone in show, problems and funny stuff this could be massive, i think that more people will listen in than post, i looked at this site for more than 3 years before becoming a forum member and i have read this forum, other posters all your lurkers are potetial listeners.
Kendo.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Will ponder on it more over the weekend, with what we've got already we'd still need:

1) Decent internet connection.
2) Location for the computer (depends on the above really).
3) DJ to make announcements and spin the tunes.

Phone ins won't be possible unless we have someone manning the station all day, then it becomes a case of staffing, then it becomes visible, then we get immigration snooping around asking what farangs are doing broadcasting in Thailand. This applies to news as well, another no-no for aliens. I remember the collapse of Surf FM due to these things so don't want to go down that path, the station has never been the same and now its just some bloke turning up in the morning to put a play list on and run the same ads they've been using for the last 2 years.

This would be a simple online music feed where, at certain times of the day, people can post requests on the forum and get a tune played for them.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Just a qestion, how do they get away with farangs running a radio show across the pond, i know they do give up an hour in the evenings for Thai broadcasting at week ends.
Could you not run a special phone in hour using Skype that could be done anywhere.
Kendo.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Aliens get away with a lot of other things elsewhere, HH is just a lot less lenient. Phone in would work if there was a DJ to answer it! Personally I would only have the time to set it up and provide tech support, not actually run or staff it.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson