Hua Hin Forum server outage

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
buksida

Re: Hua Hin Forum server outage

Post by buksida »

I reiterate the question - is anyone else having problems posting?

If not I'm afraid you may have to look closer to home Pleng as there is nothing amiss with the software, database or server here.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

It's only affecting this forum so I don't see how it can be an issue with my setup here. It's not a problem for me to connect through VPN but, as I said before, if other people are having problems they might not be able to post to say so.
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

Testing 1 2 3 . . . .

My UK connection is :idea: ?
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

Fine :thumb:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Pleng wrote:It's only affecting this forum so I don't see how it can be an issue with my setup here.
Its only affecting YOU.

Just had a look at server logs and there have been 86 posts from 17 countries in the last 23 hours so I cant see anyone else having a problem. :roll:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

If anyone else is having issues with posting please email us at webmaster@huahinafterdark.com

The majority of our members do not post with a VPN and do not have any issues, the board has been quite busy today.

If we get no responses we can assume that all is good here as already indicated and the problem lies with the individual's system - all previous problems have been resolved.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

No ongoing problems from my connection :cheers:
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

We again have to apologise for the ongoing server and access problems over the past few hours, awaiting an explanation from our hosting providers.
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

Couldn't post this morning but ok now.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Lev wrote:If anyone else is having issues with posting please email us at webmaster@huahinafterdark.com
The majority of our members do not post with a VPN and do not have any issues, the board has been quite busy today.
If we get no responses we can assume that all is good here as already indicated and the problem lies with the individual's system - all previous problems have been resolved.
I have not been able to post for the past 3 days. This has happened previously on several occasions. I do not change anything, upgrade etc., and usually after 1 or 2 days it returns to normal. I believe it is related to one of the many "bots" that are crawling around the forum, or "big brother" interfering with it.
Everything else on the forum functions correctly. When trying to post, either using a quote, or a new post, it just sits there with that stupid little emblem going around and around, until it times out.

I also mostly post from Bangkok, so not using any Hua Hin ISP. Today a recent post appeared just about instantly. :?
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Nereus wrote:
Lev wrote:If anyone else is having issues with posting please email us at webmaster@huahinafterdark.com
I have not been able to post for the past 3 days. This has happened previously on several occasions. I do not change anything, upgrade etc., and usually after 1 or 2 days it returns to normal. I believe it is related to one of the many "bots" that are crawling around the forum, or "big brother" interfering with it.
Everything else on the forum functions correctly. When trying to post, either using a quote, or a new post, it just sits there with that stupid little emblem going around and around, until it times out.

I also mostly post from Bangkok, so not using any Hua Hin ISP. Today a recent post appeared just about instantly. :?
edit: as did this post!
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
buksida

Post by buksida »

Not having any problems here; no recent server outages, no bots either in the server logs.

There have been a number of recent internet connectivity issues though with various providers such as True and TOT so I suspect its that. Big Brother maybe upgrading Thailand's firewall again ... via Skype ...
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've been on the forum fairly regularly, and haven't noticed any problems, although Pete over in Pattaya did have a problem last night for quite a few hours I believe.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^ My problem is TOT local. Been down again all day since I posted this morning, until 5 minutes ago. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Nereus wrote:

This is thew problem I often have. If you wait long enough you get a 'the server did not respond in time' message.

Occasionally posts go through fine. Can always read threads and log in ok, but seems to be an issue with posting any volume of data.

I am lucky enough to be able to avoid the problem by posting via a VPN. Not an option for everybody.