Focus: (Place)

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
PeteC

Focus: (Place)

Post by PeteC »

I've started the Focus: Chiang Maithread and it's progressing along.

It wouldn't be a bad idea for others to start additional 'Focus:' threads in the On The Road section about places in Thailand they live or visit frequently. Photos, facts, key things to see/do etc.

In this way we build up travel files available for ready reference by any reader looking for information about other destinations in Thailand.

In my opinion these would be much better than the canned information one finds on travel websites, as it's prepared and commented on by people who have first hand experience and knowledge of the place. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Re: Focus: (Place)

Post by BaaBaa. »

prcscct wrote:I've started the Focus: Chiang Mai thread and it's progressing along.

It wouldn't be a bad idea for others to start additional 'Focus:' threads in the On The Road section about places in Thailand they live or visit frequently
prcscct wrote:Focus Chiang Mai:I've never been there
:thumb:
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Only joking Pete, it's a good idea and could maybe make "on the road" pick up and encourage more photo threads.

Good "Focus" threads may be worthy of a sticky.

:cheers:
buksida

Post by buksida »

Good idea, I'd certainly contribute should I ever get the chance to travel again!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Well, I have to put my money where my mouth is and start on this little area where I am in Rayong.

Richard and Spirtfire, how about you? No matter how small the place, villages and small urban areas are of interest to the serious tourist.

Who else out there is not in Hua Hin, Bangkok, Pattaya, or Phuket who has a camera and some time? Doesn't have to be immediate results, take a month or two to compile it.

Those of us 'on the road' in Thailand can publish something as well about any trips. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

prcscct wrote:Well, I have to put my money where my mouth is and start on this little area where I am in Rayong.

Richard and Spirtfire, how about you? No matter how small the place, villages and small urban areas are of interest to the serious tourist.

Who else out there is not in Hua Hin, Bangkok, Pattaya, or Phuket who has a camera and some time? Doesn't have to be immediate results, take a month or two to compile it.

Those of us 'on the road' in Thailand can publish something as well about any trips. Pete :cheers:
So where do we post them? On The Road or in the Thailand Photo thread???
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I was thinking in the 'On the Road' section as that's where people will look for info on different locations in-country. Pete :cheers:
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

prcscct wrote:
No matter how small the place, villages and small urban areas are of interest to the serious tourist.
Great idea!! :thumb:

Some of our best times are visiting small, out of the way, places that are not known tourist traps.

:cheers:
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

No worries Pete, good idea, but these "focus" threads need to be currently correct/accurate, so those that are thinking of posting a 'Focus' thread about somewhere should know what they are talking about so that "handbags" don't break out, keep it informative and approx etc.

I can help with some places like Korat etc. It should be informative on a general level, with maybe some personal recommendations etc but nothing too "I know the score and all else is rubbish" sort of thing/arrogant waffle, not everyone is the same or seeking the same whilst leaving room for questions from those that might be visiting said area etc.

The reader should just be informed about things to do/places to go/what's available/area orientation/useful info etc so that if they visit then they can gleen some positive info from the site and ask speculative question from those that know the area.

Agree though that this can include anywhere, even places like Pranburi etc and those places close to Hua Hin, useful.

Resolve dissolves in alcohol
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Fully agree your points SF. The "arrogant waffle" types, are few on here and I don't think they would take the time or initiative to do something informative or beneficial for others.

Let's see how it goes, at the convenience of those kind enough to contribute. Pete :cheers:
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

I think the mods could do with tidying up the CM one after the discussion on problems posting photos.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

BaaBaa. wrote:I think the mods could do with tidying up the CM one after the discussion on problems posting photos.
Yes, Mr. BB is no doubt enroute from London to home now.

When on Duty BB, please clean up the Chiang Mai thread concerning the photo issues. Local Mods are now in weekend mode. :shock: :mrgreen:

Nereus, please try again with your photos over the weekend and see what happens. Thanks. Pete :cheers:
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

He's back, that should give him something to do.

ImageImage
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OK, I'll have a look in the next couple of hours :?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

OK

Ill start working on the Khon Kaen locality
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.