Posting a Picture

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
Big Boy

Posting a Picture

Post by Big Boy »

I have been asked for directions regarding posting a photo. I know we must have instructions somewhere, but here it is again.

When finished, I will lock the thread, and make it a sticky - that should make it easy to find in the future.

[Mod Edit] Text in Blue brought forward to ensure process is in a logical order.
Before you can consider uploading images they must be under 200kb in file size and 800 pixels wide else they will not upload. You cannot just post 5 megabyte pictures off your camera as the pages will take forever to load, this website will resize them for you: www.shrinkpictures.com

Step 1 - Open the posting screen as usual.

Step 2 - Move down the screen to the Upload attachment section.
Step 2.jpg
Step 2.jpg (12.73 KiB) Viewed 4311 times
Step 3 - Select the file that you want to upload from your computer
Step 3.jpg
Select Open from the selection screen.

Step 4 - You will be returned to the original dialogue box, but the Filename will have been automatically completed.
Step 2a.jpg
Step 2a.jpg (13.52 KiB) Viewed 4311 times
Select Add the File

Step 5 - A new dialogue box will appear while the file is being uploaded to the forum - do nothing while this is happening.
Step 4.jpg
Step 6 - Directly below your Text Box you will see something like this:
Step 5.jpg
Step 5.jpg (9.14 KiB) Viewed 4311 times
Click the Place inline box.

Well, there you go guys, it's as simple as that :wink:

If anybody has difficulty with the above directions, please post here. I or another moderator will make any necessary amendments/corrections.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Posting a Picture

Post by Lev »

Just to add to this that images must be under 200kb in file size and 800 pixels wide else they will not upload. You cannot just post 5 megabyte pictures off your camera as the pages will take forever to load, this website will resize them for you: www.shrinkpictures.com